Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really, you would rather your kid have sex in a car then at home

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Now, I am not talking about 12-15 year olds but if you know your 16-18 year old is having sex why would you want them to sneak around, have sex in cars and risk getting arrested, or not have the proper things to protect themselves? When I was in high school, most of the kids who had sex and didn't use both birth control and condoms didn't use them because they couldn't get them without their parents knowing. Yes, they could ge buy them but they were afraid their parents would find them. How stupid is that? My kids are 13,. 16 and 19 and my 16 year old DD has sex with her boyfriend in her room, my 19 year old son has had sex with  2 girlfriends in his room (different times, both long term relationships). Instead of making them feel like they have to sneak around, I teach them manners about it. Don't flaunt it (I don't want to hear screaming and moaning, just like they don't want to hear that from mine and their dad's room) and be as safe as you can be. My kids all know they can come and talk to me because they know that what they are feeling is natural and nothing to be ashamed of.

My son knows that even if a girl is actually on the pill as she says she is, it is easy to forget so he should always use a condom, and he does.

I understand that people parent differently but please understand that your refusal to deal with the fact that your kids may want to or are having sex will not stop them from having sex. But if you help them to protect themselves and have honest and open communication with them about it, you can stop them from having to deal with having sex too young, STDs and unwanted pregnancies.

Sorry, I just had a conversation with a mother of my DD's friend and the way she talked about teen sex blew my mind. She is one of those parents who thinks that if she doesn't talk to her child about having sex and protecting herself, she won't have sex. Meanwhile, this girl has been having sex with her boyfriend for over 6 months. I know because she talked to me about it. Of course I didn't tell the mom

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Replies (171-180):
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Sorry I do not agree with allowing teens to have sex at home.

NorseGodessMom
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Good for you I will be taking the Netherlands approach as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 19 and my mom knew I was having sex and I wasnt allowed to in the house shes said "have sex in a car like a normal teenager" it was to hard for her to deal with at the time I was angry but being a mom now I get.
kthomasson
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Because studies show that teens lack the maturity and judgment to be able to know when is the proper time to have sex, let alone proper precautions.  There is a reason that you can't vote until you're 18 and in most states you can't drink until you're 21.  I make sure my teens are well aware of what's going on with sex, STD's and everything but that doesn't mean I want them engaging in it until they're ready for it......both physically AND emotionally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM

No thanks.  I'll go ahead and teach my kids morals as well as how to have safe sex.  Like my parents did and I managed to wait until I was well out of high school.  Nearly everything you wrote is shudder inducing and just awful. 

On a side note, I wonder if the parents of those your children have sex with in your house know that is going on.  I doubt it.  They definitely should though because this whole thing is mind boggling.  There is no intelligent thought put in it at all.

KenneMaw
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I have a question that I don't think has been asked yet...if it has, sorry.   Do the parents of your kids boyfriends and girlfriends know that you allow them to have sex in your home?   If they don't , you feel it is your place to tell the other parents?   Would you all them to drink alcohol as well?     You say the relationships have been long term - what defines long term?  What if the kids just wanted to have a one night stand or invite others to join in the fun?    I am not poking fun, I am just really curious what the rules are at your home.

TeamTARDIS
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Let me tell you, if you allowed my underage child to have sex with your child in your house it would not go well for you or your family.
I would literally ruin you and if possible I would bring charges against you and your child. You have stated that this happened at 15.... That is underage. That is illegal and if your child was 16 or older I would ensure they quickly found themselves under arrest.
Your stupid choices have consequences.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not my job to be a spy for the other parents. If their kid confides in me, I will give them the advice I would give their own children. Don't want liberal moms like me giving your kids advice? Talk to them yourself, if you don't talk to them, someone else probably will.

Quoting bad_mama2011:

She's wrong for thinking that and you're wrong for lying to her about her daughter. Lying by omission is still lying.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry, I just had a conversation with a mother of my DD's friend and the way she talked about teen sex blew my mind. She is one of those parents who thinks that if she doesn't talk to her child about having sex and protecting herself, she won't have sex. Meanwhile, this girl has been having sex with her boyfriend for over 6 months. I know because she talked to me about it. Of course I didn't tell the mom

TeamTARDIS
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM
It is illegal to have sex in public. Indecent exposure.

Quoting Matriarch87:

lol, whats stupid about sex in a car?  As an adult, I still have car sex sometimes.  

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Btw, if my teen child were stupid enough to have sex in a vehicle then they deserve to face the consequences.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM
yaya lol. thats what makes it exciting.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

It is illegal to have sex in public. Indecent exposure.

Quoting Matriarch87:

lol, whats stupid about sex in a car?  As an adult, I still have car sex sometimes.  

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Btw, if my teen child were stupid enough to have sex in a vehicle then they deserve to face the consequences.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM

We talk about sex plenty in my house.  For me, the options are not narrowed down to where they are going to have it.   They know that they have the option of not having it as well.  The not having it option is the one that we encourage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN