Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should we give her some money?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

My dh has a 25 year old daughter who is not a very stable woman. She hardly has anything to do with her dad. I have been with him for 5 years, married for 2 years and she has never called him on fathers day or his birthday. She changes her number all the time but we always manage to find it.. when he calls her she never answers or when she does she is rude. She has never accepted our invitations and she didn't even go to our wedding or want to be apart of it for that matter.

She moved out of her moms house when she was 16 and has been living like a 16 year old ever since. She doesn't want any authority figures in her life. She can't hold down a job. She has no car. We have no idea really where she lives or what she does for money

Well, my husband and I came into quite a large sum of money and word went around the family and eventually got back to his daughter. Now all of a sudden she is calling the house and her tone has changed. Now she cares and she misses us. 

I see right through her but of course my husband doesn't see it. He is just happy she is calling and being nice. How do I let my husband  know my concerns without it causing an issue between us? 

I might be over thinking just a little bit, but I have a feeling that she is going to try to hit him up for some money and I don't want to give her any because I don't think she deserves anything. She has basically disowned her father and the only reason she is calling is because of the money we have come into it, that is how I feel. But I need to be sensitive to the fact that she still is my husbands daughter.. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momsince04
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Sometimes honesty is best, it may hurt his feelings but you need to tell him that his daughter is using him. and as far as her getting money I would tell her to fuck off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Where did the money come from? If it came to him (I.e. a family member of his), he decides where it goes. If it came to you, you decide.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Fux that bish. You tell take her ghetto suckin natty ass back to the corner where she be belonging.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I want my husband to be on the same page as me though without it causing friction between him and I 

Quoting momsince04:

Hell no!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

the money is ours from a settlement 

Quoting Anonymous:

Where did the money come from? If it came to him (I.e. a family member of his), he decides where it goes. If it came to you, you decide.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM

i dont know if she lives in a ghetto corner. we have no idea where she lives. we have not even seen her in over 3 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Fux that bish. You tell take her ghetto suckin natty ass back to the corner where she be belonging.

tennisgal
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I *think* I would encourage the relationship but remind DH to be careful and make sure he knows you two will not be doling out money. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I want nothing more than for the 2 of them to have a relationship. But I don't think it is very sincere on her part and I am worried my husband is going to be crushed ... I just don't know how to bring this up without sounding cold hearted

Quoting tennisgal:

I *think* I would encourage the relationship but remind DH to be careful and make sure he knows you two will not be doling out money. 

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:45 AM
4 moms liked this
Well if the money is yours and his combined. Split it three ways. A third for you, a third for him, and a third for the household (both of you as well as everyone in the home). Tell him he is free to give her from his portion, but the portion that is yours and for the household is not to be touched. Share your honest concerns with him regarding her sudden interest in rekindling a relationship,but tell him you understand it is his choice and that you are hoping for the best.
Quoting Anonymous:

the money is ours from a settlement 

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM
BIG FAT HELL NO..U NEED TO TELL HER.."U ONLY WONT IN OWER LIVES BECAUSE WE HAVE CAME IN TO SOME MONEY"..WE KNOW WHAT UR UP TO ..SHE IS PROB ON DRUGS ..IF SHE IS LIVING LIKE A 16 YEAR OLD.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN