Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter told me her goal before she graduates...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:56 AM
  • 42 Replies
Is to learn to play 2 more instruments before she graduates. She plays the flute now and wants a banjo (random right) and she's leaning towards the trombone.

Damn kid is expensive I tell you!
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for her!!!

I played the flute for YEARS (I should pick it up again) I was a part of the South Carolina Philharmonic at 16..

I picked up the Sax too :)  

If you can afford it, immerse her in it!

LexsMami
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I'd say that is a good goal. I really was not sure what you were going to write. Just be glad it isn't some sexual conquest or to be on the next Teen Mom.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Mine both played instruments in middle school and dropped them for high school..One played the flute the other played trumpet....It was good for them I think

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I hope my son is that dedicated. We are only having one specifically so we can get him anything he wants to nurture as part of learning. 

I played trumpet for a while, dh played sax for a while...I hope our son got dh's musical talents bc mine suck.

ninjakids
by Christina on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM
I played both trombone was easier but reallyyyy heavy lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Aww that's too bad. You can still dedicate yourself to two kids just fine and give him a sibling.

Quoting VannaMae307:

I hope my son is that dedicated. We are only having one specifically so we can get him anything he wants to nurture as part of learning. 

I played trumpet for a while, dh played sax for a while...I hope our son got dh's musical talents bc mine suck.

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM

yeaaah but we wouldn't have as much funds to go around. I'd rather keep it the way it is. It works well for us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aww that's too bad. You can still dedicate yourself to two kids just fine and give him a sibling.

Quoting VannaMae307:

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
She's pretty damn good. I know I'm her mom but really. Yesterday she was practicing an I said play something pretty for mama. She pulled up some music on her phone and played CON TE PARTIRO by Andrea Bocelli. It was amazing. She wouldn't let me record it because she was just sight reading it but I was super impressed.

Quoting KristenFowles:

Good for her!!!

I played the flute for YEARS (I should pick it up again) I was a part of the South Carolina Philharmonic at 16..

I picked up the Sax too :)  

If you can afford it, immerse her in it!

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Luckily any big wind instrument or drum she wants to at we can borrow from the school at first a banjo however.... I'm not even sure where that one came from.

Quoting ninjakids:

I played both trombone was easier but reallyyyy heavy lol
raye-chan
by Raye on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM
I started on flute. Jumped ship to clarinet :) was learning trombone while ex and i were together in school.

Wanted to learn violin, bought one and have find my damn wrist makes it impossible to play :(

I wonder if my son will be a band nerd when he gets old enough.. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN