Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F***.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Some asshole blew a red light last Wednesday and hit me while I was on my way to work. Being the stellar individual she was, she drove off. She clipped my rear passenger side. Half of my brake light is magically still functioning, but my signal and far right brake light are busted out. My car is drivable, and will be repaired. My insurance agent advised to wait seven days to see if she reports, and to then make a claim. It is day five. Even if I'd have claimed right away, my car would likely not have been fixed yet.

I just got pulled over and got a ticket a block from where the accident happened for a missing tail light, on my way home from work. I explained that I was in an accident and that there is a police report with his department proving this, and that that is the reason one of my tail lights is out. He said, "You can talk to the prosecutor and possibly get it reduced."

So, thanks, dumb bitch, for hitting me and leaving, like a dick. And thank you officer for being a dick, when you didn't have to be. I get that it's illegal to be missing a tail light, so whatever. I still think you're a dick.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:19 AM
You have two for a reason. One not functioning is a safety hazard. You put lives at risk driving your car in its current condition. Sorry no sympathy.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:21 AM
1 mom liked this

i would have just replaced the bulbs before i drove it. once you filed the claim and your car was repaired, they would have included the cost. so its kinda your own fault for letting such an easy fix go.

i also wouldnt have waited a week to file, no matter what i was told.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Perhaps I wasn't clear. When I said half,I meant half of one side. There are two lights on each side, split by the trunk. My left lights are in tact, and my one of my right ones is.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have two for a reason. One not functioning is a safety hazard. You put lives at risk driving your car in its current condition. Sorry no sympathy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM
^idiot.

Here's a wet fart to bump your post. Hope things get better!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM
I can't replace the bulbs in the signal light or the half of the brake light that is out, they are completely busted.

Quoting dmarie2101:

i would have just replaced the bulbs before i drove it. once you filed the claim and your car was repaired, they would have included the cost. so its kinda your own fault for letting such an easy fix go.

i also wouldnt have waited a week to file, no matter what i was told.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Me or the comments?

Quoting Anonymous:

^idiot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:24 AM
The first comment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Me or the comments?

Quoting Anonymous:

^idiot.

hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:28 AM

Your so funny with the last part "I still think you're a dick". lol Not laughing at you just thought it was cute. I bet you could take that in and get it more than reduced but dropped altogether. I'm sorry you got the ticket and sorry that the woman was a douche and just left. :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:31 AM
thanks. =)

Quoting hyper_bunny:

Your so funny with the last part "I still think you're a dick". lol Not laughing at you just thought it was cute. I bet you could take that in and get it more than reduced but dropped altogether. I'm sorry you got the ticket and sorry that the woman was a douche and just left. :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Do you mean the casing that the light sits in is busted.  The lights are on wires and they clip into the light assembly.  even if the assembly is broken you can still make it work so the lights are there.  IF you are just talking about the lens on the outside(the red/clear plastic)  they have tape you can put over it as well.  You should have known this was a risk you were taking.  Thats why they have rental cars that you could have been reimbursed for or just paid for it to be fix then provided that to your insurance.  Dont blame the cop for doing his job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN