Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do most men feel the need to...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 149 Replies
7 moms liked this
...posess STUFF? My husband is driving me crazy with this. First it was tools. He gets a new $200 drill or saw, uses it once, then he just talks about how great it is. Now it's guns. Does he hunt? No. Does he like to shoot guns? Not particularly. How many times has he shot a gun since I've known him (8 years)? Three.

It seems to me that, even when women collect things, or spend money frivolously on things (like purses and shoes), at least they're useful things that will actually be used. But men just want to have things, and talk about them with other men...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.H15
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Couldn't agree more.
NuM1mOmMyOf2
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol ya I can see that .. my bf bought a guitar and was gunna learn how to play.. and he now never plays it... among other pointless crap he has bought over the years lol
th78
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:15 AM
My dh is the same way. But he does use his expensive tools almost daily though. But his are always the best according to him. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM

My husband is like that with tools, except he actually does use them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM
That's another one! It's like every guy must own a guitar at some point in his life. They learn how to play one Green Day song, and never touch it again. But whenever they meet another guy who can play, they're always like "yeah, I've been learning how to play. I have a Taylor guitar...it was like $1200 dollars..."

Quoting NuM1mOmMyOf2:

Lol ya I can see that .. my bf bought a guitar and was gunna learn how to play.. and he now never plays it... among other pointless crap he has bought over the years lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:17 AM
My husband and my stepfather have discussed the merits of various tool brands for, literally, an entire day before

Quoting th78:

My dh is the same way. But he does use his expensive tools almost daily though. But his are always the best according to him. Lol

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:17 AM
My dh gets in that way, he will want to learn a new hobby or something and he goes all out shopping spree before he even knows if he will like it or not...most recently its r/c helicopters, even though he has a pilot license and can fly a real plane but he likes his toys...

My father gets that way too but its more like cuckoo clocks direct from Germany for $1200 plus whatever it costs for repairs if needed...
QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:18 AM
We're the opposite! Haha. My husband only owns a small handful of things, most being necessity. I have 9000000 sort-of hobbies that require a bunch of stuff I rarely use. Hahaha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband did the hobby thing with claymation movies. He went out and spent over $200 on computer programs, books, cameras and clay (of course). Once he sat down with it, he realized he had no artistic talents and cannot make anything out of clay :-/

Quoting VannaMae307:

My dh gets in that way, he will want to learn a new hobby or something and he goes all out shopping spree before he even knows if he will like it or not...most recently its r/c helicopters, even though he has a pilot license and can fly a real plane but he likes his toys...

My father gets that way too but its more like cuckoo clocks direct from Germany for $1200 plus whatever it costs for repairs if needed...

anjones09
by Ash on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:20 AM
My dh is a sneaker addict. It's ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)