Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Too damn old to be nursing *ETA*

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 47 Replies

Man!! SO and his back words world!!! Our youngest is almost 18 month old and she has white stuff on the inside of her mouth. I took her to the doctors and their and a throat culture and it came back negative for strep or viral infection. They don't believe its thrush because it doesn't meet thethe other symptoms. So they're going to leave a note for the doctor to see what he wants to do. I called SO and he says its because she still breastfeeding. "she is too damn old to be nursing" and then he goes on to say that I could even give her water down Pepsi and he would be happy with that so she could stop nursing. But what he fail to realize is she doesn't eat. She likes bacon and peaches, bananas and oranges and crackers, french fries, fruit squeezers, applesauce and tater tots. She cannot live off of that stuff. I couldn't believe he said that.

ETA---

i try her on new foods all the time. I generally offer whatever I'm eating as well. Sometimes she tries it, most of the time she doesn't.

she also has food allergies. She is VERY allergic to eggs, and allergic to peanuts. So there for a while *I* was afraid to introduce anything new to her. After I got the ok from the allergist, I started introducing new foods. She use to love carrots and watermelon, but not so much any more.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hnischke
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Watered down Pepsi? Really? Because that contains the same amount of nutrients. *face palm*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM
She is not to old to be nursing. But she does need new foods introduced.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Lol
Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Absolutely. And I do. She just recently tried strawberries, and wasn't a fan. She refuses to try anything new. Even mashed potatoes are yucky to her.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is not to old to be nursing. But she does need new foods introduced.

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM

watered down pepsi??   yes because that equals the nutriens that breast milk has....  

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

have you tried chicken, veggies any type of protein? She really should be eating more things by now.

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Toddler formula? Mine will start elecare jr next week.
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM
3 moms liked this

My kids were chowing on pb&js (cut up and eaten with supervision) at 12 months. I'm surprised your daughter isn't eating more foods. My kids ate the same things DH and I ate after a year (not soda) just cut up well.
She needs to have more food introduced. My kids hated mashed potatoes too, it's a texture issue. Does she eat fresh fruits? Steamed veggies?
Nursing is fine, but after a year it no longer gives the child all of the nutrients they require.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Watered down Pepsi? Bacon, tater tots, and French fries?! Wow, great diet for an 18 month old. Ridiculous.
jadsmummy
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Its normal at that age to have a gradual transition to solids. My 23 month old still nurses for nutrition and it wasn't until he was like 20 months that the scale shifted in favor of solid food. Ignore the comment. At this age offer the solid first then the breast. Each time offer solid first and don't worry about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)