Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for moms who breast feed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Do all breast fed babies try to latch on when held? My brother in law brought their 4 month old son over to the house yesterday and when I grabbed him he tried to latch on to me LOL! It was the cutest thing ever and made me want a baby so bad. I didn't breast feed my two boys but that made me wish I had. It made me feel so warm inside. When we have our next baby I'm definitely breast feeding. Just curious if this is a natural instinct for the breast fed babies (mine never did this) or if he was just hungry?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
all 3 of mine did that when they were new. everyone who picked them up. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM

i think that some have a hard time at first, and some figure out how to latch on right away. mine latched on right after they were born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Not gonna lie, it was absolutely adorable

Quoting supermama322:

all 3 of mine did that when they were new. everyone who picked them up. lol

helema24
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM

mine would try to latch onto my mom and my dh and even uncle nearly got nailed a few times!!

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replyI Like Big Butts and I Cannot

TTC2Long
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM
He was just hungry. My older son latched on to dh a time or two until he learned to always wear a shirt when holding the baby. LOL
TaughtTot
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

When slightly hungry, I think it's just their thing to do lol

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Yep, mine did it too. Youngest will still do it from time to time, even though she's no longer breast fed.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Mine would do that, even my oldest who really wasn't breastfed that often cause I had a hard start she tried whenever my mom held her. I have a picture of my youngest, I was changing her diaper and she was trying to nurse the blanket that was next to her lol.

Mommy4000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM

It's common. I worked in daycare with infants for over 5 years, and it was always easy to tell right away which ones were breast fed because they always went straight for my boobies. It's cute.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
See I worked in a daycare for 3 years and this NEVER happened to me! Although only 1 of the babies in the nursery was breast fed but she received the bottle

Quoting Mommy4000:

It's common. I worked in daycare with infants for over 5 years, and it was always easy to tell right away which ones were breast fed because they always went straight for my boobies. It's cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)