Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CS. THE OTHER SIDE.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies
I had my son removed from my care in 2009. It was for neglect-failure to provide stable housing. I had moved twice that year after a nasty break up left me broke.

The baby (1.5) went to his paternal grandmother. I saw him whenever I wanted and usually I had him five days a week.

We'll call paternal grandma, S.

S saw that I was doing very well in getting back on my feet and I was also paying her $50/week (all I could afford while saving for a house). I also gave her $500 of my tax return,, pretty much all of it. She started to see me get close to getting the baby back permanently and she needed to do something to stop me.

She went and filed for child support. They ordered I pay $400 a month even though I had baby 70% of the time. They also retro-acted it and I owed $3000 on top of that.

Well, I picked up a night job, worked my ass off, and paid her and paid on my arrears. About three months later, I won in court and my baby came home.

I'm still paying her arrears a year later. Baby's father never calls, neither does she. She was on assistance because here, if a child is with a third party, the state covers ALL expenses. I know she didn't come out of pocket and when baby needed extra, I gave her money. Again, I had him most of the time.

I am so frustrated with the arrears. I will owe her money until I'm 50. What's worse, is she truly doesn't care for her grandson like she said she did because she hasn't called, emailed, or anything.

I want to call her and tell her to go f*&$ herself and void the arrears. Let by gones be by gones ! All you're doing is taking $150/mo AWAY from your grandson and his family!how much can you REALLY care?!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM
3 moms liked this
Take it up with the courts before you stop paying your court ordered child support. She took care of YOUR son when you didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I'm still paying her. I'm not stopping because I am not going to jail for it.

Quoting owl0210:

Take it up with the courts before you stop paying your court ordered child support. She took care of YOUR son when you didn't.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Why didn't you keep your son when you moved?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting owl0210:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
Moving...Hate moving! But can't wait to!!
Yesterday at 3:26 PM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
How much do you owe her?
Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM

While she did take care of your son. Its hard to believe she's still asking you to pay her back. I'm sorry. I'd go take it up with the courts.

eta: I didn't read the Paternal part. Now I understand why she;s not letting you off the hook

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I did keep him up until CPS showed up. Paternal grandmother called after I split up with her son.

Quoting owl0210:

Why didn't you keep your son when you moved?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting owl0210:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:18 PM
$2800

Quoting proudmommy690:

How much do you owe her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, and?  That's what child support is for.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM
3 moms liked this
You need to file a motion to have arrears closed. Get a lawyer that specializes in child support.
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
8 moms liked this
Wow. Good for you for getting your shit together and working your ass off. I'm so proud of you. Your son will be too. Take it back up with the courts . Keep on keeping on, Mama.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured