Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tommorow is day one of a HUGE lifestyle change

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

I will be going vegan. I'm nervous. I want to make sure my family and myself are getting the proper nutrition. I still want to stay gluten, and wheat free. I was ordering grassfed beef until I relized how even grassfed cows are treated. And poultry.. Forget it.I always thought about going vegetarian. But I watched a movie called "vegucated" and it changed my whole perspective about eating, nutrition, and humanity. So any advice would be great! I have a 2 year old and a husband. I don't want too much soy in our diet. I just really hope I do this right.        

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18446878/GOING_VEGAN_DAY_1

I AM DOIGN A BLOG SO YOU GIRLS CAN FOLLOW MY JOURNEY. I WILL BE POSTING AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU!

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Good luck!! I went vegetarian for awhile. I couldn't imagine going vegan!

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Let me know how it goes :) maybe have a blog? Write about your experience shopping for food, trying new dishes and your family's reaction to them.
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I'm a vegetarian. I went vegan for 9 months and it was an interesting experience. I had a very hard time eating out, so you should anticipate problems when eating out. Also, you will need to make sure you read a lot of labels. Something might appear to be vegan/vegetarian but then come to find out the stock was made of meat..ect...

Anyway, I've been vegetarian for 11 years. I'm starting to move towards the other direction. I'm now eating more dairy and starting to eat seafood. I couldn't go vegan again.... I missed cheese too much! LOL

Good luck

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I would talk to a doctor or nutritionist before making such a huge change so they can give you advice on how to do it properly and healthily.
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Sounds like you need to do some more research before making the switch
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Good luck! I could never do that. I LOVE MEAT!!

SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Yeah, I am. So far I have been making "green smoothies". We still have meat in our freezer..lots of it. I would hate to just toss it. I guess I am slowly easing into it. I may be vegetarian then ease into vegan. But I have been doing much research, and still learning.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Sounds like you need to do some more research before making the switch

SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I do too. But we can retrainour bodies anf taste buds. I hope... Lol

Quoting Ali5683:

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Why would you even want to? We are carnivores by nature, just like most other mammals on the planet!

Quoting SoInLove515:

I do too. But we can retrainour bodies anf taste buds. I hope... Lol

Quoting Ali5683:

SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I really want to do youtube vlogs!My computer takes foreverrrrr to upload video's for some reason. I will figure it out. This should be an interesting journey. I'll give you the link to the first video when I make it : )

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Let me know how it goes :) maybe have a blog? Write about your experience shopping for food, trying new dishes and your family's reaction to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN