Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm thinking about getting my pioneer-on when it comes to laundry

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 96 Replies
2 moms liked this

I already line dry if the weather permits it. But I dont do socks and odd stuff like that. Today though, I hung some up. That little decision has made me consider going (almost)fully green with laundry and strictly line dry. If you 100% line dry. how do you hang the socks and little things like that? And how do you avoid stiffness? I heard vinegar works but how much do I add to the rinse cycle I usually just splash it in. Maybe I'm not adding enough?

ALso, we cant afford a new used washing machine right now. Ours leaks. So I'm thinking about buying a washing board. My local tool shop sells them :)

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM

well, you are very ambitious............

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I always wanted to do the line drying... I did it and it ended with a bunch of clothes being ripped up when DH let the dogs out in the back yard hahah. And I just clothespinned everything (except the underwear lol)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM

How sad.  Maybe get a job, or a better job, so you can afford a simple convenience like a washing machine.

SimplyEnchanted
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Clothes come cleaner when you handwash but it takes a ton of time :(  I line dry EVERYTHING and honestly, you can mostly shake out the stiffness. If it bothers you really bad you can dry for 5 minutes after they're off the line and they're soft and fluffy.

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Quoting D.O.E.:

well, you are very ambitious............

lol!

maybe it's my coffee

HotMommaStout
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

We aren't allowed...our HOA doesn't allow clotheslines!!

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Saving money is sad?

Quoting Anonymous:

How sad.  Maybe get a job, or a better job, so you can afford a simple convenience like a washing machine.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
A washboard is a life saver when your washer breaks. I wish I had one when I was waiting for our washer to be repaired. Longest 4 days of my life!

I CD and it was a nightmare.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM
5 moms liked this
I have a very nice washer and dryer and I still wash alot by hand and if its nice out like today I line dry all our clothes......its called saving our planet by going green, take the extra step to save energy

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM
4 moms liked this
Thats really uncalled for! maybe she cares about the earth or somthing ,maybe if you pulled the stick out of your ass you'd be able to give some awesome advice ...

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)