Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm thinking about getting my pioneer-on when it comes to laundry

Posted by   + Show Post

I already line dry if the weather permits it. But I dont do socks and odd stuff like that. Today though, I hung some up. That little decision has made me consider going (almost)fully green with laundry and strictly line dry. If you 100% line dry. how do you hang the socks and little things like that? And how do you avoid stiffness? I heard vinegar works but how much do I add to the rinse cycle I usually just splash it in. Maybe I'm not adding enough?

ALso, we cant afford a new used washing machine right now. Ours leaks. So I'm thinking about buying a washing board. My local tool shop sells them :)

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Replies (91-96):
Fjamrkr
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Like sock line sock?

Diagram!

O|O

And a pin holding them there..

Quoting almondpigeon:

I hang everything...socks go on either side of the line and 1 pin holds them both in place (does that make sense?). I don't do anything for the stiffness because I kind of like it, but my grandma used to run an iron over everything & they softened up.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Lol, exactly!

Quoting Fjamrkr:

Like sock line sock?

Diagram!

O|O

Quoting almondpigeon:

I hang everything...socks go on either side of the line and 1 pin holds them both in place (does that make sense?). I don't do anything for the stiffness because I kind of like it, but my grandma used to run an iron over everything & they softened up.

Fjamrkr
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I UNDERSTOOD SOMETHING!
*dance*
As a kid, I don't remember how we hung socks on the line but I remember in the desert summers as soon as you finished hanging everything, it was so hot and dry, you could go back and take it all down.

Quoting almondpigeon:

Lol, exactly!

Quoting Fjamrkr:

Like sock line sock?

Diagram!

O|O

Quoting almondpigeon:

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Why dont you get it fixed? Mine was leaking too. My dad found out what the problem was. Bought the $35 part and no problems now.

drum's leaking. Not fixable :/

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I line dry everything..except jeans.  I do it because I love the smell of line dried clothes, not to mention the whites get really white!

Oh..and I have a washer and dryer. ;)

I just clothespin everything..the socks I hang up by pairs.

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM
:(

Quoting Owl_Feather:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Why dont you get it fixed? Mine was leaking too. My dad found out what the problem was. Bought the $35 part and no problems now.

drum's leaking. Not fixable :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)