Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ummm Get a job.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

This is not what you think.  It is not about someone on PA or anything like that.

I am friends with a couple.  The husband is working two jobs and the wife is not working at all.  Their kids are 11 and 14.  Her husband has asked her to get a job but she refuses.  She said her job is to be a mother....(just to be a mother...not to keep house...that should be a family thing since the family lives there). 

She is constantly complaining about not having the money to do the things she wants to do and that her DH needs to get a better job.  He is constantly complaining that she spends too much money and needs to get a job so that he can spend more time at home  OR..  she needs to keep house, cook dinner, and take care of that kind of stuff.

I am not getting involved...but everytime I hear her complain I just want to tell her to go get a damn job.  Instead I just tell her that I don't want to get involved.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I knew someone like that years ago. Lost touch and often wondered if her marriage lasted.
MysticIceWater
by Saphyres mommy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I cant keep my thoughts to myself, I would have told her to get a job by now LOL

jojo_star
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I don't understand why any woman would want to be home if the kids are in school, I go stir crazy on my days off. I also do my share of the household chores, even though everyone helps out, but I work full time. On my days home, I do more. That's just the way it should be. 

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM

If she were my friend I would say... nicely.. that if it were me.. I would get a job.

ashley9603
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM

If we were that hard up and we didnt have the money I would get a job....Her kids need her still yes,but they are not babies anymore and she could get a job opposite shift of her husband or while the kids are in school.When my twins are in school I plan on going back to work.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I can't understand people like that

starlight91
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Thats why I got a job, once my girls were in school full time.. I work part time and still get paid full time..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN