Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I moved in January to a small town into a duplex. There are several on this road all in a row. My oldest son made some friends about 3 weeks after we moved with the kids a few houses over. Well now that its warm outside the kids play out front a lot which is fine but I've noticed his friends lets call them D and A get locked out of their house a lot. They will knock on their door if they are hungry, thursty, or have to go to the bathroom but their parents (who are always in the house watching tv or whatever) most times wont open the door. So they come over here to get a drink, snack, go to the bathroom. I was okay with it at first but now its become really annoying and seems like they are neglecting them. I dont know if it is cps worthy or not seeing as I cant find a law against locking a 4 & 8 yr old out. So just looking for some advice on what you ladies would do.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Replies (11-15):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM
when I was younger, once we were outside we couldn't go back in until the street lights came on. often I was at my friends getting drinks and eating lunch and such. it sucked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Go knock on the door with the kid in tow & say get your kid needs to use the bathroom . It lets them know you are aware they are locking their kids out & hopefully the behavior will stop . If the behavior keeps up after that call CPS . Locking a 4 yr old outside its ok at anytime any where
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM
when anyone goes and knocks they say go away its like really wtf your kid could be seriously hurt and your just going to say go away. their mom is a total bitch and their dad says nothing to her about it and wont say anything to anyone when shes not around.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

I would go knock on their door.... or call them and ask for an explanation. Once or twice I can understand but consistantly; that's a problem.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM

It would feel awkward, but I would talk to the parents.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM

If they say go away, then, Hell yeah call someone.

Quoting Anonymous:

when anyone goes and knocks they say go away its like really wtf your kid could be seriously hurt and your just going to say go away. their mom is a total bitch and their dad says nothing to her about it and wont say anything to anyone when shes not around.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

I would go knock on their door.... or call them and ask for an explanation. Once or twice I can understand but consistantly; that's a problem.

With light and love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN