Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Graduation gift ideas under 600?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 50 Replies
My SIL is graduating from high school next month. She's done very well for herself, for the most part, surprising her dificultes functioning in school settings. We want to get her a nice gift, but we're not sure what. Shes got pretty much everything she wants or needs for college and her parents are paying for school. The few gifts we could think of are already being given by other relatives :/

I suggested we but the money aside and when it comes to decorating her dorm room we could use the money for that and surprise her with a really nice room. She's not sharing but Dh is worried about someone breaking in her room.

I'm just kind of lost on what to get her. So if any of you have a suggestion for something under 600, PLEASE feel free to suggest it.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM
BUMP!
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM
BUMP!
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
You whores got a damn suggestion about everything else, but are quite as a fuckin mouse when I actualy need help. Figures.
MandaMommyof2
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM

We got my sis a iPad.    I like the room ideal though

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM

$600?? jeez I want to be your sister!! I got my little sister a kindle for her graduation present. I got a nice canon camera for my graduation present.

ElitestJen
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM
5 moms liked this

Gas cards, jar full of quarters (for laundry), cold hard cash

ElizabethGracie
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just give her money.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

LovelyCorrupt
Maybe a nice handmade blanket. Corny, but nothing says I love u like hard work for someone else
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:35 PM

A laptop, an IPAD, an e-reader for text books and fun books. A mini-fridge or microwave? 6 months of car insurance paid? I am going by what DS wants when he graduates next year...

Megara

Kindle Fire, nice digital camera, bicycle for getting around campus.  I personally cannot spend $600 on a graduation gift, $200 would be more like it for me.  A gift card to Target would be great to help her decorate her dorm room and anything leftover could be for groceries, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN