Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Men and the kitchen Sink

Posted by   + Show Post

Why are they afraid of it? Is mine the only one who will NEVER wash a single dish?  I really am beginning to think he is afraid of it.   It also really irritates me to no ends.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
Acid
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I have an oddball too.

He cooks, cleans, does the laundry, takes care of the kids, I'm very lucky.

Quoting KelliansMom:

I guess I got the odd ball husband. He cleans the kitchen and he cooks

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

my dh washes dishes when he isn't working. its a trade. I cook he dishes

gabby416
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Can't?  how come? Like can't as in not able to, or can't as in he just does awful ? (just curious)

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Mine CAN'T wash dishes. So I understand.

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Lol no he actually can't.

We didn't put in for the VA modification because it would have made it hard for me to use the sink and would have killed us if we ever resold the home.

It works though...we have quite the system. He does all the folding/hanging up of clothes (which I hate!), vacuuming and the wood floors and I do cooking and dishes:)

Quoting gabby416:

Can't?  how come? Like can't as in not able to, or can't as in he just does awful ? (just curious)

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

handy0318
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

My dh cracks me up... When approaching a sinkfull of dirty dishes, he'll first empty the sink and then scour it with soapy hot-as-he-can-stand-it water. After scouring the sink, he'll disinfect it with bleach.  

Then he'll start doing the dishes: glasses, flatware, then bowls and plates into the dw, plastics and pots and pans by hand. (Our dw at home is on the fritz, so when here, he does everything by hand, in that order though.)  Then he'll wipe down the kitchen...first counters, then stove. After that, a disinfecting wipe down of the counters, then stove.

Then he'll walk off and leave the sink filled with dirty dish water.  Every. Single. Time.

OCD about every step of the way...except rinsing out the sink at the end.  Lol...gotta love my hubs...

gabby416
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Well now that sounds reasonable!  I am the opposite, I don't mind laundry, but I HATE cleaing the kitchen. I would rather clean the bathroom every day then the kitchen.  I wouldn't mind so much if my dishwasher worked.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Lol no he actually can't.

We didn't put in for the VA modification because it would have made it hard for me to use the sink and would have killed us if we ever resold the home.

It works though...we have quite the system. He does all the folding/hanging up of clothes (which I hate!), vacuuming and the wood floors and I do cooking and dishes:)

Quoting gabby416:

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Don't know.

gabby416
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM

walks off without draining the sink.  LMFAO

Quoting handy0318:

My dh cracks me up... When approaching a sinkfull of dirty dishes, he'll first empty the sink and then scour it with soapy hot-as-he-can-stand-it water. After scouring the sink, he'll disinfect it with bleach.  

Then he'll start doing the dishes: glasses, flatware, then bowls and plates into the dw, plastics and pots and pans by hand. (Our dw at home is on the fritz, so when here, he does everything by hand, in that order though.)  Then he'll wipe down the kitchen...first counters, then stove. After that, a disinfecting wipe down of the counters, then stove.

Then he'll walk off and leave the sink filled with dirty dish water.  Every. Single. Time.

OCD about every step of the way...except rinsing out the sink at the end.  Lol...gotta love my hubs...

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM
He helps all the time

He was a bachelor on his own at one time during collage, so hes use to it
But even when he was married he said he would help cook clean and do dishes.

Hes proven to me that he wasnt lying

Even my ex husband did dishes too and cooked and help clean as well.
He also lived on his during college yrs too
gabby416
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM

LOL, when DF was a bachlor he cleaned rarley, would sooner hire a made.  He's a spoiled brat.  I will break him of that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN