Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know if it's okay to feel this way....

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm really annoyed I'm getting tired of how fussy my son is his 10 weeks old and since the begging he has been super fussy. It's so frustrated to deal with it 24/7 he eats ALL the time only once since his been born he has slept a hour and forty minutes in between feedings never has he done that again only time he does is at night and the most is 4 hours and that's of I get lucky usually it's every 2 hours and a half but during the day he eats like every 45 minutes and his super fussy in between and even while eating he is fussy he will latch off and cry on and off the he won't want to latch all it I know his still hungry because he is sucking on his has and he doesn't like bottles so that option isn't the best I am a stay at home so I deal with this everyday all day I am soooooooooo tired wondering when this is going to get better I'm exhausted and very annoyed
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you offered a pacifier?
MarleneAlexis
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Yes I have he doesn't take it either !!:/
Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Hang in there, I swear it does get better. My son was super colicky and I also had a 2 year old when he was born. There were many times I thought it would never end, but he is now 3 and such a sweet happy boy! I don't really remember how fussy he was until I really think back to those times.

Baby wearing helped, he would sleep in the boba and that's how I would cook and clean.

I also experimented with changing my diet and when I stopped having dairy it cut down a lot on his fussiness.

It's normal to feel frustrated, is there anyone that can give you a break for an hour or two sometimes? It really does help, and you would get some time to miss him. :) best of luck!
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Try some mother's milk tea.  It will help increase your supply if that's what's wrong.  Also, sometimes acid reflux can appear as hunger.  Keeping his upper body elevated would help with that some.  

imultracool
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Have you talked to your pediatrician about acid reflux? Thats what it sounds like to me.
brandydesiree
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Does he have colic?
CamoChick
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Are you producing enough milk? If you try the bottle get a nipple that is similar to yours or vise versa. I hope you have someone to help you so you are too overwelmed. I wish I was there to give you a hug and let know that things will be ok.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM

My DIL uses some a I'd reducing drops she gets at the store when the baby is fussy. Have you checked your diet for gas causing foods? Also stay away from coffee or Anything with Caffeine in it. My Dr told me drinking a beer a day would help with my milk production.

the biggest thing and probably the hardest to do is relax. He can pick up on your stress and it'll make your problem worse than it needs to be. Try a rocking chair or Yoga to relieve stress, I was a SAHM too and my oldest had Colic. It was rough for a while! Hang in there, it does get better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Check out the breast feeding group on here
darlingmeggy
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah have him checked out for acid reflux and maybe is adenoids as was the problem with one of mine. But sometimes that's just how babies are and allow yourself to take a little break from him if you need to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN