Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child Support Will Spoil the Kids.

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
  • 32 Replies

is she a gold digger or is he in the wrong?

Lakers Star Steve Nash
In Dogfight
Over Child Support

0410-steve-nash-wife-getty
L.A. Lakers star Steve Nash thinks he has a good reason NOT to pay child support -- if he does, he thinks his ex-wife will spoil the kids with limos and other luxuries.

Nash is locked in a legal war with Alejandra Nash over their 3 kids.  She currently lives in Arizona, where a judge handled their divorce and ruled she was not entitled to child support.  She's appealing the ruling and we now know what they're arguing over.

Steve convinced the divorce judge -- Alejandra doesn't need child support because he made her a millionaire 5 times over in the divorce settlement.  On top of that, she pulls in more than $30k a month.

For her part, Alejandra says Steve makes a million bucks more than her every month, and it's unfair he's not forced to use some of it for the benefit of their kids.

Steve is saying he's paying plenty -- 90% of medical, school and extracurricular activities, and  82% of the nanny's $2k a month salary.  He says he's worried if he pays more, she's an excessive spender who will spoil and damage the kids with crazy luxuries.

But there's more going on here.  As we previously reported ... Alejandra wants to move to L.A. but Steve is objecting.  It's really weird, because the b-baller has said he chose to go to the Lakers rather than the Knicks so he could be closer to his kids.

There's one thing for sure ... if Alejandra moved to L.A., Steve would probably get socked with a big child support bill -- that's just the way it works in California.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Greedy. Pathetic.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM

which one?

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Greedy. Pathetic.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
2k a month? Suddenly I want to be a nanny
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM

i didnt think it was that much, considering who shes working for.

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

2k a month? Suddenly I want to be a nanny

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Well then....I mean I suppose they both have a point. And in a way I kinda agree with him more. It seems as though he already helping to support the kids. If they're both well off, then poverty isn't really a factor here, and since child support was designed to keep mothers out of poverty; I would say its not necessarily needed here. I'm curious to know though , how much time he spend with the kids. 

And WTF nanny for rich assholes only gets paid 2K a month? Cheap bastards.

SageAdvice
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Federal laws now keep all child support issues in the state of divorce, say you got divorced in Ga and moved to California, you would be required to go back to Ga for a modification of the support.

LittlePistol87
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Wow!!
Cdaly12491
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Hell no she doesn't need it! Greedy wench!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 5:41 PM

How are the kids going to survive, if she doesn't get that extra money?

LilliesValley
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Well sounds like he is providing for them some what. If this is a concern couldn't the cs be put in a bank account and ear marked as starting out money when the kids are 25. Sounds like they both make wsy too much money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)