Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

just couldnt finish

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 52 Replies
I posted this in the book group but I wanted more opinions.

What are some books that you just couldn't finish? For me, if a book doesn't hook me right away, I don't force myself to read it. Life's too short. Especially if its something I didn't pay for.

Some books I couldn't finish are Deck Z, The Host, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Casual Vacancy and the first Game of Thrones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitneyTay
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Omg I just started the host yesterday and had to stop too.
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I started 50 Shades of Grey last weekend, it's very painful to read. I can't believe so many people love this book. The writing...gah.
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Rooms. It actually made me sick to my stomach. I tried a few times to finish it, but would get sick every time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
The Host! Gah that book was sooooo boring! I tried. I really did.
bunnyxlover
by hippity hop on May. 1, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Naked Lunch.  ive tried so many times to read it but i just cant seem to get into it, its a very confusing book, most times they dont mention any character names

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I love Stephen King but there are a few of his books that just drone on and on about characters personalities etc..... Just skimmed thru a lot of DOME cause Geebus...... and THE STAND......... another that talks in circles LOL

supermama322
by Kaylee on May. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I made it to like..chapter 5 or something. I can't force myself to read anymore.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

I started 50 Shades of Grey last weekend, it's apart painful to read. I can't believe so many people love this book. The writing...gah.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

The girl with the dragon tattoo was one I couldn't finish either. My MIL went on & on about it but I just didn't care for it.

Jane Eyre. I know it's a classic & God knows I tried but I just couldn't get into it

sheena696
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate not finishing books so I always force myself to finish them. Which is not good when it is part of a series because then I make myself finish the series. lol I have thrown a few across the room when I was done with them. lol A few times I have stopped and read other books in between, but I usually finish them. 

ksueditz
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Eat, Pray, Love. my bff said it was a great book, but i just could NOT get into it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN