Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be upset if you found out your husband donated sperm before you met?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just wondering because my husband claims him and a friend (they were 19-20) tried to sell their sperm to a bank for $20 but they said they weren't taking anymore at the time. I've always wondered if it turned out as he claimed it did lol. Would you be upset if your SO possibly had children running around you didn't know about ?
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Replies (261-269):
MissImperfect
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM

No, it was before we met so it would be kind of dumb to be mad at him about it.

Mama2JoshKatie
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Well if it came up NOW I'd be mad just because he never told me. We've been married nine years and have two kids. But if he had told me before we were married I still would have married him, but I would have asked him what he was thinking. lol

maecntpntz219
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

No, I wouldn't have a right or a reason to be upset. I'd probably think about it a TON but if it was something he did before we met, what exactly am I supposed to be MAD about?

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I would be, only because the only I want having his kids is me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM

if you can barely handle your 4 kids... maybe  you shouldn't have had that many! Just saying.

Quoting bigmama423:

Well if it's a sperm bank I'm pretty sure he's supposed to remain anonymous anyways...which means they shouldn't be coming around in the 1st place.
Plus I can barely handle our 4 kids as it is, so I couldn't imagine being a step mom, nor would I want to be. :)

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

really? That's a bit rude!

Quoting bigmama423:

Doesn't make a difference to me as long as his unknowns stay far away from me! ;)

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

bigmama423
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM
No kidding!
I tell myself that on a daily basis!! I can't send them back to where they came from, and no one else seems to want them. Looks like they're stuck with me now.. ;)

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

if you can barely handle your 4 kids... maybe  you shouldn't have had that many! Just saying.

Quoting bigmama423:

Well if it's a sperm bank I'm pretty sure he's supposed to remain anonymous anyways...which means they shouldn't be coming around in the 1st place.

Plus I can barely handle our 4 kids as it is, so I couldn't imagine being a step mom, nor would I want to be. :)

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

really? That's a bit rude!

Quoting bigmama423:

Doesn't make a difference to me as long as his unknowns stay far away from me! ;)

Pnukey
by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM

He didn't have kids with anyone else. If he did, I would not have dated him. I guess I could have said claim all his future kids. He only has kids with me. I only have kids with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can I ask how would you claim ownership on his children he had from someone else?? Iam a step mom and I did not do that. They are my step kids and I love them but I do not own them.

Quoting Pnukey:

Yeah, I'd be mad. I claimed ownership of all his kids when we got married. Neither of us had any then, and have the two with each other now.

CutieCrab
by Jen on May. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Good point. Lol. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a difference between that and saying the kid is going to intrude on your relationship.

Quoting CutieCrab:

I wouldn't want to date a guy with children, not because the child would get between us, I just dont like other peoples kids. Its just me though.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're insecure and think someone going to come between you and your dh?

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Because this child would intrude on my relationship. If he was there and I knowingly pursued a relationship, ok. If I didn't seek a relationship with a man with kids, it's for a reason.

Quoting Anonymous:

It happened before you who cares.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Anything two people agree on ad out on the table when they step into a relationship is fair. Anything that wasn't mentioned before like children, debts, not cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

And you would have a problem with that really? Why?

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Yes because that kid might want to intrude on my family later on.

LisaSmock
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Tell that to hill Billy's. lol j/k.

Quoting Sammi20:

lol Studies have shown that there are "mating receptors" that will drive you away from relatives even ones you don't know because they are not ideal candidates to procreate with. That's why we don't fall in love with our brothers/sisters/cousins... So that would not be an issue..

Quoting LisaSmock:

DH did donate when he was 18/19sh. Before we meet . I kinda wish he had not done tht but it never bugged me too bad. As to what you said I never thought about that. Eww ya what is our kid started dating his sister or brother. Eww

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah I'd be a little upset, not mad at him but idk. What if it made a daughter and my son goes to college with her and they hook up lol what ifs like that would be bothering me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)