Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS is still not potty trained...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

...and he is 2 1/2.

I'm pulling my hair out. A few months ago, he was doing great and then dad left for work. Ever since, he'll decide to use the potty, but it's sporadic. I've tried filling him up with juice and then sitting him on the toilet with water running in the sink, letting him wear his big boy underwear to see if he would be more inclined to go on the potty instead of on the floor, sticker charts, letting him have a candy when he does go on the potty, just about everything I can think of. None of it seems to work. He just has zero interest in going until he has his diaper on. I ask him all the time if he needs to go potty or if he wants to sit on the potty and he tells me he likes his diapers.

Any tips to get him to start using the potty again?

*** I forgot to mention the reason I'm trying to have it done now, haha. Normally, I would be with you guys and wait it out or give it more time. I am a full time student and take at least 15 credits every term. Because DH is gone, I need my son to be in daycare while I do my homework and all that for my classes. Right now, all he qualifies for is 3 hours for two days a week, plus I can put him in their hourly care program (I go online, see what times they have available for another child to join them, and try to book it before someone else does), Once he's 3, he qualifies for a longer program IF he is potty trained. So, the goal is to have him potty trained at 3 so he can go to daycare for an extra day or so a week while I take more credits to get my degree done as quickly as possible.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Wait awhile? Mine was 3.5 and done in something like a week. 

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on May. 1, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Let him go commando. Helped with my son.
Caitlin1983
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Mine is 2.5 also, he's just not quite ready so I'm not forcing it. It would just cause frustration for both of us.

Just be patient.
504bbymami
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Same!

Quoting sandra_t00:

Let him go commando. Helped with my son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 5:00 AM
My son will be 3 in May and he shows no interest in the potty at all (or big boy cups or real food). If its not juice, water, milk (in his bottle), cheese or ice cream he's not interested).
SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Mine is 2.5 also, he's just not quite ready so I'm not forcing it. It would just cause frustration for both of us.

Just be patient.

Put pull-ups on him, and just leave him alone, He will do it on his own.

exhaustedmother
by Amy on May. 1, 2013 at 5:04 AM

He is still young so don't fret give it time. Mine was 3 going on 4 when he learned.

DvlDogWfe
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Mine is the same age and not trained yet. Im not worried...it will come to him again. I wouldnt worry about it.
SAnders224
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Try putting a little water with some blue food coloring in his potty and show him that he has to use it to make it "magically" change color. That might encourage him.
kbix82
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM
They dont like to feel the wet just big boy undies and let him pee himself a few times, clean him rite away obviously. Or put cheerios in the potty and let him aim at them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured