Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you accept food a stranger gave to you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I was at the park the other day with my kids and there was another family playing on the play ground and the little girl wanted my dds watermelon so i give them the other half of it for their kids they thanked me.my mom said it's odd so would you accept it?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on May. 1, 2013 at 5:42 AM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Depends on the setting. Where I live now, no. In my hometown, where people are actually nice to each other most of the time, sure.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:44 AM
No, I was raised that way. I plan to teach my daughter the same.
cmfarm
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Since it was a watermelon I think I would, since the outside is covered in rind that you don't eat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Yes
gabyangy
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM
It is a city but we still have that small town feel kwim?and the little giel was my dds age (3) so of course I felt bad that she was looking.

Quoting Anonymous:

Depends on the setting. Where I live now, no. In my hometown, where people are actually nice to each other most of the time, sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM
So your telling me if you were at the park and you saw a 3 yr old that wanted your dds peice of watermelon and you had extra you wouldnt offer?

Quoting Toonkasmommy:

No, I was raised that way. I plan to teach my daughter the same.

davnrori
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM

No, I wouldn't accept food from a stranger and I don't let my kids bother other people for their food. I don't mind sharing the snacks I bring for my kids but I always ask the parent first. I know I'm not some weirdo out to poison other people's kids but how does anyone else know that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
True thats why I gave the mom theother half of the watermelon.i would never just give a kid a snack because they wanted it my nephew cant eat certain things and I know some kids have allergies but I had half a watermelon I wasnt going to use so I felt I might as well let them have it.

Quoting davnrori:

No, I wouldn't accept food from a stranger and I don't let my kids bother other people for their food. I don't mind sharing the snacks I bring for my kids but I always ask the parent first. I know I'm not some weirdo out to poison other people's kids but how does anyone else know that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN