Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

crushing news this morning

Posted by   + Show Post
My 9 year old nephew got hit in the face over a month ago at his soccer game with a soccer ball.the area bruised ...horribly. but then, it didn't go away. It actually looked like it was getting worse instead of better.

2 weeks later my sister takes him to the doctor. Doctor said it was a deep bruise and they take time.

Earlier this week, (week after going to the doctor) she took him back. Something nagging her that something was seriously wrong. Doctor ordered a blood test and before she got home..the doctor called and said turn around and head straight to the hospital..his platelets were incredibly low.
They did another blood test and it looked like leukemia..
Yesterday they did a bone marrow aspiration.
This morning results are in. My nephew has leukemia. They are waiting for the final report which will take a few days to determine type but preliminary says its AML. Possibly M3 maybe M5.

I am in the air force and can't be there for her or her husband..and as her sister I have this ocerwheliming desire to be there with her.

Its really pulling at my heart and everything in me aches to be there, hold her hand, hug her and just love on my sweet nephew.

If you pray, pray. For him..for my sister and her dh and for me to get emergency leave approved.

Thank you
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on May. 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM
WOW sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I'm so sorry.

(((hugs)))

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on May. 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM
2 moms liked this
My most positive thoughts are with your family!

- my cousin had luke too. He just marked his 11th year luke free! After they swore he'd never make it!

I think your newphew can do it! Only happy thoughts!
owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry my thoughts are with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
June3May4June3
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Praying for you and your family!

Mrsmayaguy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I'm so very sorry.  I will def pray this morning.

anitarichman
by Anita on May. 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Sorry to hear this news.  Prayers going out for your nephew and family. 

MalakbelLacuna
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM
That's so awful I'm so sorry. Poor little baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shideem
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Prayers being sent!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carlyshort
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I agree.

He wasn't sick at all. He was a bit tired and taking naps before the bruise but no one really ever thought it odd.

He was not even sick..my sister said now that she knows he was more pale but it never even awakened her radar..that bruise did though..it just wouldn't go away..and was getting worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like the accident could have been a GOOD thing. Goodness knows how long this would have gone undiscovered otherwise. Sending prayers and hugs to you and them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)