Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your teens walk to school or wait for a bus alone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

You might want to check up on them.  I pass several bus stops on my way to work as well as kids walking to school.  The things these kids do are astounding.  I have seen them launching stuff at passing cars, laying in the street, jumping out at cars, making lewd gestures, and even one kid exposing himself.  These kids run out in the street with no regard for anyone's safety.  Now not all kids do it...but I have seen enough ans almost hit a few who weren't paying attention,  it is a good thing I watch the sidewalks as well as the roads.

This week I have has two water balloons thrown at my car and one kid launch himself in front of my car and lay down in the damn road.  I have called schools and left messages on the neighborhood Facebook page.  But this is my PSA to you....check p on your kids from time to time. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovevamp
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM
And this is the reason why I drive my lo to and from school
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
These are all middle and high school aged kids.

Quoting lovevamp:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Naa I raised a good kid, I never had any problems.

lovevamp
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM
And that's the reason why I drive mine to school. We live in a small town so all the school kids ride the same buses. It's a mix of elementary,middle and high school.

They smoke, cuss and have oral on the bus

Quoting Anonymous:

These are all middle and high school aged kids.

Quoting lovevamp:

elkmomma
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Shoot, I wish I wasn't the only parent / adult at my kids bus stop in the morning.  It's amazing what these "good" kids will do to impress their peers. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
call the cops! they will get in deep shit!
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on May. 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM
And you haven't called the cops because.........?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

An this is why I still drive my teens to the bus stop and stay there til the bus comes. I've been told I'm over protective. Well there is a group of older teens at the stop who like to beat up the smaller teens.

Quoting Anonymous:

You might want to check up on them.  I pass several bus stops on my way to work as well as kids walking to school.  The things these kids do are astounding.  I have seen them launching stuff at passing cars, laying in the street, jumping out at cars, making lewd gestures, and even one kid exposing himself.  These kids run out in the street with no regard for anyone's safety.  Now not all kids do it...but I have seen enough ans almost hit a few who weren't paying attention,  it is a good thing I watch the sidewalks as well as the roads.

This week I have has two water balloons thrown at my car and one kid launch himself in front of my car and lay down in the damn road.  I have called schools and left messages on the neighborhood Facebook page.  But this is my PSA to you....check p on your kids from time to time. 

RoxStetz
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM

My kids are 14 and 11, and catch the bus in our driveway.  I still go out every morning with them, mostly to make sure they don't kill each other lol.  Every other week, my 6 year old grandson rides the bus with them to go to his private kindergarten.  I'm very happy that the other kids at the bus stop are well behaved.  I'd kick all of their butts if any of them acted out like that! 

Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Lucky us, our buses here stop at each house for the bus riders. So they just walk down the driveway 1 minute til it's here. It comes at 6:50, and at 6:48 I tell them the time, they grab their stuff and get outside. DD is 6 and SDs are 13&14, my 13yo told me that one little boy on their bus has been moved and in trouble for inappropriate actions and that my DD sat with him and made SD worried he would try something. She came to me, So I talked to my DD about not sitting with the boy. I'm glad I've got my SDs to watch out for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)