Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17th birthday present HELP!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 11 Replies
Today is my daughter's 17th birthday. A couple of weeks ago I got her a gift (we bought it together but I paid for it) but we ended up returning it the other day. We're planning on taking her for dinner tonight and when my husband asked what she wanted she said "I don't know, I'm not picky." I feel kind of bad that we didn't actually get her anything, even though I know she doesn't really mind, as long as she gets food lol.

Her birthday party is on Saturday so I still technically have until then to get something if I can't get it while she's at school today. Does anybody have any ideas? She loves music and plays a lot of instruments. I know she doesn't want or need music books. I know she wants a new trumpet but those are 1-2 grand and I can't afford that so that's a no for now.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barneysaid
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Gift cards to her favorite store, make- up, money, gift card for movies & Starbucks. Lol there is so much to think of...
barneysaid
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Perfume....
anitarichman
by Anita on May. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Ipod, Ipad, kindle, a purse, gift cards, money, a necklace with her initials pendant.

twinners.mama
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Does she listen to music as well? What about an ipod. Or if she has one maybe a giftcard for music. A new purse and wallet. Does she drive? Pay for her own gas? Gas giftcard. Or does she have a favorite restaurant or place she goes with friends? Get her a guftcard there.
CheeseLouise
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM
She has an iPhone already so no need for an iPod. My husband and I already pay for her gas, but the restaurant gift card does sound nice. She likes eating out with her friends but she hasn't found a job yet so she can't go out that often. Thanks for the suggestions!

Quoting twinners.mama:

Does she listen to music as well? What about an ipod. Or if she has one maybe a giftcard for music. A new purse and wallet. Does she drive? Pay for her own gas? Gas giftcard. Or does she have a favorite restaurant or place she goes with friends? Get her a guftcard there.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM

look on craigs list for trumpets. you might strike gold.

CheeseLouise
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
She doesn't wear makeup and she "hates all of the clothes stores in Canada" but the movies sound like a great idea! She hasn't been in months, probably because including food it costs like $30 bucks a movie.

Quoting barneysaid:

Gift cards to her favorite store, make- up, money, gift card for movies & Starbucks. Lol there is so much to think of...

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM

a car

CheeseLouise
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
She already has a car to chauffeur me around town ;)

Quoting thetrollcat:

a car

mom4life5107
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Dinner, movie, gift card and give thanks for her .Have a bless day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured