Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sister-in-law problems

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My fiancee and I have been together 3 years. His parents passed away before we got together so his sister is his closest family member. She hasnt liked me since day one. Mainly because she was VERY good friends (and still is) with his ex. Shes always making snide comments to me. Him and I are buying land together, when talking about it she tries to stress that its HIS. When I casually say "ours" she will say blah blah blah HIS. When we fight, she always has the worst advice to give him (yes, he tells me) I asked him not to go to her with our problems, but he does anyways. Also when we are fighting, she will come to my fb page & try to give me "advice" like just leave him alone, give him space, you need to move on. The latest thing she did was comment on an album on fb of pics with just me & him...I said something joking about what his facial expression meant & she said "nobody knows my brother like me...." & went on to say what she thought his expression meant. To me, thats just trying to take another jab at me (I know him better than you do) theres been MANY other things. I ask him to nicely say something back, but he just says "shes family and i dont wanna make her mad" Shes almost 40..is this childish of her to keep doing this or childish of me to let it bother me?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

She's a possessive asshole. She definitely has a problem. Wow. It's kind of sick....

IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok, first thing to do is to either unfriend her on FB or set her status to restricted.  Second, delete from your timeline any "advice" she gives.  OR, you can also leave remarks like "He may be your brother, but you haven't lived with him in a long time.  I am marrying him and I probably know him better than you do now."  

SJG1013
by SJG on May. 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is her!
AnastasiaKorsh
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this
well...while she is being childish, I'd be upset so was not sticking up for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You don't really have a problem with her at all, you have a problem with your fiance not putting his family members in their place. You should be his priority now, and if she is causing issues in the relationship, it's his job to correct it. The facebook thing isn't even worth commenting on, because all you have to do to fix that is block her.

lilyismyheart
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Thankfully I dont have that problem whatsoever. Every family member of dh that has ever attempted to say or do anything mean to me has been met with my dh siding with me. He almost got in a fist fight with his uncle at Thanksgiving over disrespecting me. Lol
EarlGrayHot
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this

FIrst, your fiance needs to promise NOT to go to her with any problems you two are having.  Make it stop right now.  Second, she does have a problem and she should not be coming toyour FB page and leaving comments like that.  THis has to be a united front to get it stopped.  Your fiance must be the one to stop this.  He's making YOU mad and you should be the one he cares about more than anything else.  YOU are going to be family soon and you must be his priority.  Make sure he understands how upset she makes you.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on May. 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

She's not childish, she is conniving.

He should talk to her. Until then block her on fb and keep your contact minimal.

LilliesValley
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this
In our home dh deals with his family and I deal with mine. If dhs family says something that would piss me off it's his job to take care of it. So when you three were talking about this land he SHOULD HAVE stuck up and agreed with you. Nothing is going to change until he does this.

The only exception is if dhs family says something and he does nothing then I will say something. He doesn't want that. One time after my mil said some awful things about my weight when I was eight months pregnant we were driving home and I was like why didn't you defend me? His reply, that's just mom she speaks her mind. Wtf! That's when we set up our new arrangement and if mil can speak her mind and he does nothing then I will most certainly speak mine. I truly believe in being respectful and everything but just because you're old doesn't mean you get to be a bitch and give the same courtesy and respect.

When we started this we had been married three years. Since then no problems with this issue and yes dh has stuck up for me since then. I can be a crazy bitch too just like mil. Luckily crazy bitch doesn't come out very often any more. Lol.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

He's the problem, not her.  If he allows her behavior and continues to tell her your business and let her be rude, then he is choosing his relationship with her over you.  That wouldn't fly with me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN