Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those that have 3+ kids.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

What made you have so many? How did you end up with them all?

My story My husband already had 2 when we started dating. I already had 1. Thats three. Well after we got married we had 1 together. That puts us at 4. Which we handle just fine. I never wanted this many kids ever but I am happy with what we have. Now we had a little surprise when a condom leaked and ended up preg with #5 . I am having a seriously having a hard time coming to terms with having another baby. Hubby and I had been firm on the decision to NOT have any more kids and then it happens anyway. Save the speech I no sex leads to pregnancy. I was not able to get any form of BC for a few months other than condoms because of insurance issues and now that I can get it again we get preggo again.

How did you deal wit 4th and 5th pregnancies? Were they ALL planned?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zeenah
by Zarah on May. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Thanks!

Quoting zeenah:

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine were all planned and we have 4 kids together.  I think if I were to get pregnant with a 5th I would run away screaming or just sit in the corner drooling.  lol That's how I know I'm done.  Thankfully dh got a vasectomy so me getting pregnant is not as big of a possibility.  I love the kids I have and am looking forward to life with them.

Just take one day at a time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM

We have 3 and I really want to have 1 more. I had 3 c sections and my OB told me that when he did my last c section that my uterus was paper thin and he could see the baby through it...so he said I really shouldnt because there is a good chance that the baby or I wouldnt make it. We had 3 because I love being a mother and he loves being a father. I love watching my babies grow and teaching them.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I had 2 children with my first husband. I got divorced and then remarried. My new dh did not have children and wanted some, so I had 2 more with him. I had my tubes tied after #4 when I was 33.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM

After our daughter was born (our only girls) we thought it would leave the option open. When she got a little older we dicided we were done. We had intended for hubby to get a vesectomy but we werent insured at the time. Now that this has happened we decided I will get Tubal Ligation after birth and possiby still a vesectomy for him. We do not want another accident.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine were all planned and we have 4 kids together.  I think if I were to get pregnant with a 5th I would run away screaming or just sit in the corner drooling.  lol That's how I know I'm done.  Thankfully dh got a vasectomy so me getting pregnant is not as big of a possibility.  I love the kids I have and am looking forward to life with them.

Just take one day at a time.

PlaysAllDay
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
None of ours were planned but they weren't prevented. After our 3rd MC we decided to just roll with it. #4 was my only true shock because I went to my postpartum check up and they said surprise its a baby. I almost fell over. I can't decide if i'm done or not. DH mentioned getting a vasectomy but I can't make up my mind. most days are rough, and the thought of a 5th makes me want to run away screaming, but I know its going to get Better in a few years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Three is not bad that is a good amount to have i think lol. I cant and wouldnt go back but we had four already. Now 5 is really stretching us thin. One of the main reasons we decided we werent going to have more was because we needed more time with each other. We were starting to go through a rough patch because we hadnt even had anytime to gether to just enjoy each other which I think is important for a marriage no matter how many kids you have

Quoting Anonymous:

We have 3 and I really want to have 1 more. I had 3 c sections and my OB told me that when he did my last c section that my uterus was paper thin and he could see the baby through it...so he said I really shouldnt because there is a good chance that the baby or I wouldnt make it. We had 3 because I love being a mother and he loves being a father. I love watching my babies grow and teaching them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I have 3... just works for us.  all were planned.

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM

We were careless after having our second child and then got hit up with twins. After the twins he got snipped. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)