Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I respect your decision you should respect mine.

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this
Im a proud single mom and I know its hard work but not impossible.
I have this friend who give her baby to her parents and she sees him as her brother now. I respect her decision and I don't bring it up.
But when she wants to go out and invites me sometimes I can't because cus either my baby is sick or I don't have a babysitter. I bothers me tho that she gets so upset and tells me to just forget about him and leave him to my parents. Like really? I respect your decision it would be fair if you would respect mine in keeping him. Sorry if I'm not always free.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on May. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like she just wants to go out and party. I'm not sure how close of a friend she is. But I'd probably break the friendship off if thats all she wanted to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I don;t understand that either. I also chose to be a parent; and many of my friends constantly badger me "get a babysitter; make your parents watch them". I chose to be an active parent. that means I need to be around for my kids. Interestingly enough these are the same "friends" who think i'm an idiot for deciding to be a mom

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Lol sounds like a friend I have. Her son stays with her grandparents all night at least 4 times a week. She keeps her younger daughter (that is her DH's) but mostly because her grandparents won't do both. She is very selfish and tells me I spend to much time with my toddler. Well sorry to burst your bubble, I'm a mom, my daughter isn't disposable. I rarely have respect for this girl lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Im a single mom as well, and as nice as it is to be able to go out, id rather stay home with my kid. I chose to have him, i will raise him
mumii17
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:26 AM
She is a bit of a partier and I don't mind going out and having fun sometimes but not all times. Sometimes I just can't.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Sounds like she just wants to go out and party. I'm not sure how close of a friend she is. But I'd probably break the friendship off if thats all she wanted to do.

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I'm not a single mom, but I am a young mom. I get the same flack from my single non-mom "friends". They don't seem to understand why I  can't or won't go out and party. I finally told a few of them "I decided I wanted to be a mom; either support me or walk out of my life". Sadly; most of those "friends" walked away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. Sounds to me like she needs to get her priorities straight.

mumii17
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM
It gets a bit annoying

Quoting Anonymous:

I don;t understand that either. I also chose to be a parent; and many of my friends constantly badger me "get a babysitter; make your parents watch them". I chose to be an active parent. that means I need to be around for my kids. Interestingly enough these are the same "friends" who think i'm an idiot for deciding to be a mom

mumii17
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Same here

Quoting Anonymous:

Im a single mom as well, and as nice as it is to be able to go out, id rather stay home with my kid. I chose to have him, i will raise him

mumii17
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Yeah same here

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol sounds like a friend I have. Her son stays with her grandparents all night at least 4 times a week. She keeps her younger daughter (that is her DH's) but mostly because her grandparents won't do both. She is very selfish and tells me I spend to much time with my toddler. Well sorry to burst your bubble, I'm a mom, my daughter isn't disposable. I rarely have respect for this girl lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)