Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop dieting!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
2 moms liked this

I hate seeing women diet and ask me what diet im on to stay small (I dont diet!!). Dieting is NOT THE SOLUTION. It's temporary one and doesn't do anything for you and most of its unhealthy. If you want to truly lose weight AND keep it off you have to make a real lifestyle change. I was always small in high school (102 lbs) and then I started eating out constantly after I moved out from home and drinking tons of soda. I got up to 140 lbs. I stopped drinking soda and lost almost 20 lbs but could never get the rest off. 

It wasn't until I stopped eating all processed food and making my own home cooked meals (for every meal and only eating out on seldom occasions) that the other 20 finally came off and STAYED off.

I made a real lifestyle change and stopped eating crap. I even still have bad food sometimes but "bad" home cooked food is better than processed bad food. Like I make homemade chocolate chip cookies instead of buying that processed packaged junk. It makes such a huge difference!!! Also moderation is key, you have to watch how much of what you eat.

Also in al honesty I really dont exercise but when I made then lifestyle change 5 years ago it just became part of my life. So for 5 years i've maintained my weight and have never felt better. I have more energy and just feel better

So ladies please stop dieting!!! It doesnt work and it only drives you crazy !!!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Johariz
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Agreed
garnet83
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. "Diet" is such a terrible word. "Lifestyle change" is more like it. Anyone can diet and temporarily lose the weight. But a lifestyle change is required to maintain it.

realsuccessthefamilyialwayswanted.blogspot.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Drink a gallon of water a day. Its amazing how you feel
hip2it
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Diet and weight loss pills work the same way: when you stop them the weight comes back. You have to change your lifestyle or its not going to work.
LovelyMommy24
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I completely agree! 

mich.el.le
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Diet can also just mean the food you eat. The phrase "What does your diet look like" just means what are you eating, not how many calories are you cutting and what magical foods have you found.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Drink a gallon of water a day. Its amazing how you feel

i would be peeing every 2 mins

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I agree. for me its quantity not quality that makes me gain. quality makes me lose, even when pregnant.

rosie211
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I agree, making small changes can make a big difference. I need to lose some weight and I tried atkins for like a week. It was killing me! I am doing much better with just watching my portions and trying to cut back on soda. At least I am maintaining and not gaining anymore. I know that if I exercised some and cut the soda completely, I would start losing. 

etsmom
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)