Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So frustrated! If you have something to say, just say it!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 27 Replies

I have NEVER had any problems with Facebook.  I just don't have anyone on there that is into drama.  Or didn't.

My husband has coached my son's baseball team for 3 years (5 "seasons") now.  We have 5 boys that have been with us since the beginning.  The first season, we did really well.  Then we moved up into a more competative leage, and did horribly.  LOL  This year, we picked up some new players and are doing fairly well.  There is one mom that has been with us through it all.  Her son was our pitcher.  He was good.  This year, we got a boy that is better.  Her son has moved into more of a "backup" position.

I get that she may be a little upset, but she is starting to piss me off.  Today is the 2nd time she has posted on Facebook about how she is "unhappy with how some things are going."  Talking about how she may move on before it starts happening with the kids.  She told me last night she assumed my husband and I are "close friends" with the new kid and his family.  We're not.  We never even knew them until this year.

It's one thing to be unhappy, but speak up.  Stop taking it so personally.  And I swear, the first time she mentions my husband publically, she's going to "move on" out of embarrasment.  I think we may cut her kid at the end of the season and then I will delete her.  Which is sad, because her kid is awesome, and has come a long way.

by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM

BUMP!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM

BUMP!

cLanief
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Just privately tell her to knock her shit off. Her kid is good but this year you have another that is better and that's why he's the main.... that's what happens in sports. Not everyone gets to be numero uno
OompaLover6969
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Tough situation. :/

My DS has been in baseball since he was 4yrs old. He can play decent in just about any position, but catcher/first baseman is his specialy. His coach refused to put him @ first base, because he's a lefty. (Apparently this can slow him down on 1st?). Anyways, we're fine w/ it. His team is a TEAM. The ultimate goal (in these upper leagues) is to win!

I'd feel bad for the little guy if you cut him from the team, because his mother is immature, though. :/ I'm sure he enjoys the game & especially the comrodary that comes from being on the same team for the past few seasons. Kwim?

Good luck! Hope that mother grows up so that her son isn't negatively effected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rayven729
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM

dont punish the kid bc she has the maturity of a raisin. i would call her/ meet up with her, explain why he bumped her son down. Maybe this will help him blossom into an even better ball player.  she definitely needs to knock it off

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 12:13 PM

You would cut her child over remarks the mom made on FB?  You are the drama starter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM

It's not the mothers job to get involved with this at all.  If the father is the coach, then it was his responsibility to speak with each parent about team structure.  I would have wonder why his communication to parents is so poor.

Quoting Rayven729:

dont punish the kid bc she has the maturity of a raisin. i would call her/ meet up with her, explain why he bumped her son down. Maybe this will help him blossom into an even better ball player.  she definitely needs to knock it off

MsCherry10
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM

You are cutting her kid because she is taking things personally?  That's not right either. Don't retaliate, just message her on Facebook after a post she makes. Tell her something along the lines " you seem upset about the decision to move your son. I don't think you should take it personally. " but don't cut the poor kid because his mom is acting like one.

CotterpinDoozer
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Would you have a reason to cut the kid other than his mother being a passive-aggressive jerk? Because that doesn't seem fair to the kid if that's the only reason. Have you just told her the other kid is better? Does her son seem upset that he's back up now? Does he play any other positions? I ask because if he's not even bothered by it, then she's just being a pain. If he is upset about being bumped down and has told his mother this, she may be attempting to "passively" tell you this. It happened once when my sister was a lot younger. Her coach put her in another girls spot and that girl's mother went all passive aggressive about it. Sorry, my sister was better and the other girl loved the other position they put her in. I would just talk to her, tell her the passive-aggressive posts aren't helping and it's not appropriate. If she wants to pull her son, let her, it's a shame especially if the boy loves it, but really, I wouldn't cut him just to get rid of her.

AV made by NiamhWitch

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM

He HAS talked to her.  This isn't the first thing this mom has done that's irritating.  She's just being passive agressive and it's pissing me off.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not the mothers job to get involved with this at all.  If the father is the coach, then it was his responsibility to speak with each parent about team structure.  I would have wonder why his communication to parents is so poor.

Quoting Rayven729:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN