Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If I died tomorrow... Life Insurance

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 78 Replies
LIFE INSURANCE
Do you have it?
Do you have your kids covered?
Are you and your husband on a joint plan?
What groups, or companies do you go through?
How much do you pay?
What are the stipulations?
What does it cover?
Life long or term policy?
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imvanilla
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Ok let me fix this. We have life through hubby work. his is free up to 3x his salary at time of death. mine is a few dollars a month and 3x the amount of his salary. He also has long term disability he pays for. It is a couple of dollars a month and i think it pays out at 85%.

Our kids are under another plan.
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:19 PM
that's all part of your life insurance? Or is it a package of insurance benefits

Quoting imvanilla:

Yes

Yes

Yes

We have bcbs through his work.

About 8,000 a year.

300 deductible per person or 900 family max. We have a cap of 2500 per person, if we have paid that much for med services then out of pocket for the rest of the year is zero.

It is a 90/10 epo plan. Covers anything you could imagine.

The dental and vision are great as well just different companies. It is included in the yearly total.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Yes, yes, it's thru my work. I have coverage on my children of $10k which is $1.50 a month, spouse $25k is $2 a month, and I have 2x salary for optional life ad/d at $2.69 month, and voluntary 2x salary at $10 month, basic life 1x salary is free.
Salary is $35k
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Yes. Yes. We each have our own policy. It's through dh's work. Work pays for it. They don't pay if it's suicide.

Not sure I understand your last question.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We have been meaning to do this.  We NEED to get on it asap.  Sigh.  I don't know why we keep putting it off.  I think I dread meeting with an insurance agent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM

My husband and I are covered through both of our employers. I need to get my son covered as well. It covers death as well as accidental death & dismemberment. I think I get like $5k if I lose a leg or something. Mine through my employment costs nothing. My husband is covered for his salary at no cost, but we doubled it for like $3. I have insurance through his office as well. $25k for $6 per month. I've been meaning to get individual policies, but held off for a bit and am now regretting it as it seems I have a heart issue. Go me, being the procrastinator that I am. Oh well, hopefully this is just a false alarm and I'll be able to correct this ASAP. What's even more embarrassing is that I work for a life insurance brokerage firm.

imvanilla
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM
It includes our life insurance. Mine and dhs. Our children are covered under a different life insurance policy. It's all bundled.

And i read the question wrong in the first place lol.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

that's all part of your life insurance? Or is it a package of insurance benefits

Quoting imvanilla:

Yes

Yes

Yes

We have bcbs through his work.

About 8,000 a year.

300 deductible per person or 900 family max. We have a cap of 2500 per person, if we have paid that much for med services then out of pocket for the rest of the year is zero.

It is a 90/10 epo plan. Covers anything you could imagine.

The dental and vision are great as well just different companies. It is included in the yearly total.

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Like some policies will cover funeral arraingements up to a certain ammount. Some you can dip into for emergency. Some for college etc. Some are just a straight pay out at the time of death.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. Yes. We each have our own policy. It's through dh's work. Work pays for it. They don't pay if it's suicide.

Not sure I understand your last question.

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM
That's pretty bad ass. Do you know the company his job uses?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, yes, it's thru my work. I have coverage on my children of $10k which is $1.50 a month, spouse $25k is $2 a month, and I have 2x salary for optional life ad/d at $2.69 month, and voluntary 2x salary at $10 month, basic life 1x salary is free.

Salary is $35k

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Every agent I've met said the younger and healthier, the lower I can lock in payments. My fil made a joke about if dh died tomorrow and it made me go "damn it, I have to do that" lol the plots are paid for. Now I just need the insurance portion. I was thinking of going through the Italian American club. Dh has had insurance through the Irish American. Dd has a Gerber life plan. But talking to insurance agents makes me crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have been meaning to do this.  We NEED to get on it asap.  Sigh.  I don't know why we keep putting it off.  I think I dread meeting with an insurance agent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)