Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom's with 3 kiddos

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 27 Replies

Can you give me your honest opinion on what its like having three children?? We are expecting our second and trying to decide if we want to stop at two, and have DH get a vasectomy after I give birth.

What is it like going from 2 to 3??? Do you love have three children or is it a lot harder??? Another thing I worry about is my husband is Military and deployments. I know that may make things a little more difficult. I know a lot of people do it though so its not that big of a deal. I'm just having such a hard time deciding and DH really wants to leave the decision up to me.

IAmPregnant Ticker
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Going from 2 to 3 was much easier than going from 1 to 2. I think 3 is a good number. I am busy but my youngest just fits right in.
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Oh and, my husband is military also. By the time the third one comes around, you are used to having multiple children so its kind of like an "I got this" feeling. Lol
balagan_imma
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM

My first 2 were 20 months apart. My middle and 3rd are 5.5 years apart. So it's a little different than having them all about 2 years apart.

Because of the age difference it wasn't so hard for me. There are always challenges but there are with any sized sibling set. It also depends on the kids' personalities.

I would wait and see how the 2 kids thing is working for you. We didn't decide to go for #3 until #2 was 2.5.

christina0607
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Going from one to 2 was hard. There was just a lot more planning. Going from 2 to 3 was nothing. 

when we ahd our third my husband was working 70+ hours a week at two jobs. So it was hard at times...but I wouldn't change a thing. 

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I love having 3. The transition from 2-3 was easier than 1-2(and I found that easy as well) because there was always someone there for the other to play with while I tended the baby. Now that they are older, they are all very close. When one wants to go off on their own, there is always another to play with. 

The only issue is finding "family" deals.....anything with a family discount or rates usually included 2 adults and 2 kids....adding on a kid in most cases is not difficult but sometimes the cost of "altering" the deal is quite high.

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Well. The other two were lots of help when I had my third. Even though they were still "toddlers" themselves, they were able to bring me bottles from the fridge, diapers, blankets.  So much more easier to have the extra little hands.

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Its super easy for me and I love it. We're going for four though. My kids are awesome too. Its non stop fun. My husband doesn't leave for long periods though, so wow. That could be too hard maybe for some people. Also, I'm very high energy and don't need much sleep so take that into account as well.
NoahandEliza
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM
We never had a set number of kids in our head, but after my 2nd, I knew I just wanted one more. The transition was much easier than 1 to 2 and by number 3, you're used to taking care of babies so it's not so hard. The only negative thing I can think of isn't even a big deal...depending on how old they are, it's kond of a pain getting them all in and out of carseats and into stores.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM

My first two are 2 years apart. The middle and the baby are 1 year apart. It's an easier transition than going from 1-2 but you are outnumbered lol. 

I LOVE having three kids and I personally want one more. My husband isn't so sure.

bcoll
by Brandi on May. 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I think 5 to 6 was hardest for me. There were almost 5 years in between so we kind of started all over with the baby stuff :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)