Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parentless Parent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Anyone else have no parents?  Mine both passed away.  How do you deal?  I am always so depressed.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM

(((hugs)))

I often feel parentless because my mom isn't really a part of my life, lives several states away and maybe calls 2 -3 times a year. I lost my dad, fil and mil 14 yrs ago.

It's hard sometimes, I wish my kids had grandparents and I miss having family. It's just dh, me & the kids. I'd be totally lost without them.

It helps somewhat to just focus on the kids and the here and now, although somedays that's hard.

johnsmama98
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I lost my father on March 9,1977, and my mother on January 8, 2012, then my husband on September 15, 2012. I take it one day at a time, I also have a 14, (he'll be 15 tomorrow, May, 2) year old son, that gives me a reason to keep going. All my other family passed away a long time ago. I do have my 2 sister-in-laws, and a grown step daughter, but they live 40 miles away, so i don't see them often, we talk on the phone regularly, so I have that much. When I go to the cemetary, then that's when I'm visiting all my family. I believe that they would all want me to keep goingm keep living, and we will all be together someday. (I mean no offense, if you are not a believer in Heaven.)

true-love-21
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM
emm....my father lives 800 miles away and I barley talk to him, and my mother lives 2 hours away but doesn't bother to even come see me, she rather see her boyfriend than me and her grandson :/ life goes on I guess. I also have a awesome mil, no fil tho
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Always depressed? DId you just recently lose your parents?

I just never let myself get and stay down. I typically let myself have a day - one day to remember and mope. Then kick myself out of it.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I do not have parents. I mean, my bios are still living, but they were never actual parents to me. I was, and still am, the parent in my relationship with my mother, and my father only had an interest in me when I was the age he likes to prey on, and was too worried about being thrown away to say anything about what he was having me do.

ajdahd13
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM
No :( I'm sorry.. My dad passed when I was 16 though, but I still have my mom.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I have no parents by choice. its nice and peaceful.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM

My mom is alive but I see her mayb twice a year so it feels that way sometimes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I know it's hard.  I have adoptive parents that live 8 hours away but we're not really close and I see them maybe 2-3 times a year, if that.  My bio mom lives several states away and I've only seen her in person a handful of times.  I thought I found my bio Dad, but paternity test was negative so who knows where my bio dad actually is.  Also, a few years ago my dh and I moved out of state away from all family and friends, and then divorced.  So... my 2 kids and I are very much alone here and sometimes it's really hard.  Lonely.  I just have to get over the thought that we're going to have a big happy family with big family get togethers and stuff.  That's what I'd like.  Just keep focused on all the good and positive..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Yes, I lost my mom in 2009 and my dad in 2011. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Always depressed? DId you just recently lose your parents?

I just never let myself get and stay down. I typically let myself have a day - one day to remember and mope. Then kick myself out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN