Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Miscarriage

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 37 Replies
If you've had one, was it after you heard your baby's heart beat. I'm currently 6w4d, and I had a loss in October. I'm spotting just like before. I heard the HB then the next week, baby was gone. Someone tried to tell me that if I hear the HB, there is only a 5-10% chance of miscarrying. So now I'm afraid I'm never going to have any sort of relief.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AF2011
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I have never heard of the 5-10% chance of miscarrying after you heard the heartbeat....I've heard my baby's heart beat a few times before I miscarried. Sorry you're going through this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I started my miscarriage the day of my first OB appointment so I never heard the heartbeat.

AmberRose1122
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM
:-( sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

I started my miscarriage the day of my first OB appointment so I never heard the heartbeat.

Threeboysemt1
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Sorry for your lost..and yes it's true after the heartbeat is heard the chance of a miscarriage lowers..but idk the exact percentage
AmberRose1122
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Thank you. Sorry for your loss as well. I don't even know that I am miscarrying, just reaching for hope that I'm not since it was the same as before, but that heartbeat statistic really has me panicky!

Quoting AF2011:

I have never heard of the 5-10% chance of miscarrying after you heard the heartbeat....I've heard my baby's heart beat a few times before I miscarried. Sorry you're going through this.

lainey531
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Mine was after I heard his heartbeat. I was 16 weeks and 4 days.

Eta: Nothing was wrong with him I just had an incompetent cervix. My next pregnancy resulted in an early but healthy child. Good luck to you!
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM

When I lost my DD I was out of the "danger zone" when she passed. We'd heard the heartbeat, seen a thriving baby, and still lost her.

Sometimes it just happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM

It's okay.  I was sad and I still think about the what ifs, but I already had 3 healthy kids at that point so I focused more on that fact.  I'm sorry for your loss.

Quoting AmberRose1122:

:-( sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

AmberRose1122
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM
That's how we were, too. I was 14 weeks. I'm just a nervous wreck and don't want to be.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

When I lost my DD I was out of the "danger zone" when she passed. We'd heard the heartbeat, seen a thriving baby, and still lost her.

AmberRose1122
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Sorry for your loss :-(

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN