Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone here taken their infant to a chiropractor? It was suggested for my 3 week old but I am looking for personal experiences.

by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Replies (111-120):
nates-mommy
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM

my son sees a chiro when he is having sinus problems and or refuses to sleep...

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Yes, my youngest was adjusted regularly from the time she was about 10 days old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 5, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Call bullshit all you want - Im walking now and dont givashit what you think!

Quoting abbie.alder:

Not the anon...but I'm calling bull shit on this.

Quoting Anonymous:

You obviously dont know what your talking about!  Mine got me out of a wheelchair and back to walking when med drs said there was no hope of ever walking again. Never is a long long time and you dont know what you might need to do before you die!

Quoting Anonymous:

I will never use a chiropractor. They are fake and do more harm than good.

acook0331
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:19 PM

All of my kids have seen chiropractors since they were babies.

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

They do. Annon has no idea what she is talking about.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. Although I'm sure there are good chiropractors, most are a scam. Physical therapists have better training a and hold a license, while chiros just have a certificate.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

They are a joke in the health community because they make you feel good for a little while, while causing permanent damage. I don't know how many times people come into physical therapy totally out of whack because a chiropractor pulled something out of alignment. On top of that, they think they can diagnose illnesses. Its funny having someone come in complaining that they have some special condition their chiropractor told them they have.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you feel that way? I'm curious. Idk if I believe in them (at least fully) either.

So are the before and after pics of them ''fixing'' spines fake?

I just had a chiropractor tell me that physical therapists are a joke. LOL I'm not sure which side to believe.

Interesting. I thought chiros had a doctorate. :/

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM
This. Both of mine saw a Chiro within a week.

Quoting Randi02:

We go within the first week or two after they are born :)

If you can find a chiropractor who is properly trained to work with babies, it can be amazing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
They do :)

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. Although I'm sure there are good chiropractors, most are a scam. Physical therapists have better training a and hold a license, while chiros just have a certificate.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

They are a joke in the health community because they make you feel good for a little while, while causing permanent damage. I don't know how many times people come into physical therapy totally out of whack because a chiropractor pulled something out of alignment. On top of that, they think they can diagnose illnesses. Its funny having someone come in complaining that they have some special condition their chiropractor told them they have.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you feel that way? I'm curious. Idk if I believe in them (at least fully) either.

I just had a chiropractor tell me that physical therapists are a joke. LOL I'm not sure which side to believe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Quoting sha_lyn68:

They do. Annon has no idea what she is talking about.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, I thought they did but I admittedly know very little about chiropractors. I was thinking it would be pretty damn bold of them to call themselves Dr. So-and-so and not actually be doctors. lol

manda-nicole010
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Yes. We take my son once a week. We took him his first time right after he was born. We started taking him once a week about 2.5 weeks ago because his really helps his fussiness. 

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

ROFLMAO..... You really have no idea what you are talking about. Chiropractors have at a minimum  a masters degree , but most have a doctoral. Also, most states in the US require that Chiropractors be board certified. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN