Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/o Should Medicaid require pediatric vaccinations?

Posted by   + Show Post
Saw someone say this in another post. Wanna see how many agree. Do you think Medicaid should require children be vaccinated to stay in the program?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
illinoismommy83
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't understand why women who are  not allergic to BC are not forced onto BC if they want free government handouts. Seems so silly to financially encourage women to pop out a litter of kids they cannot afford.

Quoting kelly617:

No...I don't think any program should force vaccines.
Unless they want to start forcing women on the depo shot once they sign up for food stamps...

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Some times it does, but I see it as being the lesser of two evils.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thenameshailie:

Yes and all adult woman should be required to be on birth control. Any thing to prevent a medical procedure in the future that the state will be paying for.

what if the vacinne or birth control causes a major medical problem?

Fields456
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Quoting kelly617:

Unless they want to start forcing women on the depo shot once they sign up for food stamps...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I think that all PA recipients should be on BC

Quoting thenameshailie:

Yes and all adult woman should be required to be on birth control. Any thing to prevent a medical procedure in the future that the state will be paying for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM

And why are women are WIC not having to be on BC!

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I don't understand why women who are  not allergic to BC are not forced onto BC if they want free government handouts. Seems so silly to financially encourage women to pop out a litter of kids they cannot afford.

Quoting kelly617:

illinoismommy83
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

No idea. They should be. If you want a hand out then you should be given free BC and free job skill training. I'd love to see welfare families be given access to free job training so they can fix their lives and provide for their own kids. It is so sad to see people with kids that they cannot afford.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Quoting kelly617:

Kitschy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Not unless they want to be liable for vaccine injury.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, since they would be required to shell out the money if the child came down with a preventable illness.  Once you turn over payment responsibility to someone else, you should turn over ALL responsibility - otherwise, pay your own damn medical costs.

Quoting April620:

Saw someone say this in another post. Wanna see how many agree. Do you think Medicaid should require children be vaccinated to stay in the program?

April620
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I agree.  If you get any assistance it should be cutoff if you choose to have another child.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

No idea. They should be. If you want a hand out then you should be given free BC and free job skill training. I'd love to see welfare families be given access to free job training so they can fix their lives and provide for their own kids. It is so sad to see people with kids that they cannot afford.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Quoting kelly617:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured