Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/o Should Medicaid require pediatric vaccinations?

Posted by   + Show Post
Saw someone say this in another post. Wanna see how many agree. Do you think Medicaid should require children be vaccinated to stay in the program?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM
So what happens when they get the "preventable disease" and they had the vaccine. Same thing. Should the state pay? What if they get a vaccine injury? Who pays then?

Quoting Anonymous:

If they are trying to prevent having to pay even bigger bills later when the kids get deathly sick from getting a preventable disease then, from a business standpoint, yes they should. But from a parental control standpoint no they shouldn't.

5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this

No. The parent and doctor must be the ones to make the health care choices, not the state.

5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM
5 moms liked this

No government should ever have the say so when it comes to the health care of women. To say otherwise is not only very, very stupid, but incredibly irresponsible. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think that all PA recipients should be on BC

Quoting thenameshailie:

Yes and all adult woman should be required to be on birth control. Any thing to prevent a medical procedure in the future that the state will be paying for.

niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My children have private insurance, and I say NO. You are putting way too much power in the government's hands. 

daughteroftruth
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM

no

PurplePieguy
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM

No

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on May. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
No.

And "mandatory birth control" would result in many many "birth control failure" babies.

As much as I am for vaxing it is a choice that no one should be forced into.
Just like reproduction rights
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Well, it's obviously not going to be 100% that every kid who gets vaccinated won't get the disease but I can totally see an insurance company making the logical (to them) decision to require it because if they can get 100 kids vaccinated and only maybe 3 of them get a disease, then they have made a good business desision because they now only have to pay for hospital stays (or whatever treatment) for 3 kids instead of 100. Not saying I agree with the logic, I'm just saying that that's how I'd see the logic falling for an insurance company. Most kids don't get vaccine injuries, a few do, but it would probably make sense to back vaccinations rather than not because in the long run it may keep overall costs down. If someone then gets a vaccine injury or a preventable disease as we're calling them, then the company pays up. I can totally see an insurance company requiring vaccines because the money saved on more extensive treatments to the few who get a disease even after getting shots and the few who may get a vaccine injury is probably going to be a lot less than if a lot more people were unvaccinated and a disease ran through the population. It's never going to be 100%, and it's scary, but business-wise it makes sense to require vaccines.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what happens when they get the "preventable disease" and they had the vaccine. Same thing. Should the state pay? What if they get a vaccine injury? Who pays then?

Quoting Anonymous:

If they are trying to prevent having to pay even bigger bills later when the kids get deathly sick from getting a preventable disease then, from a business standpoint, yes they should. But from a parental control standpoint no they shouldn't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured