Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/o Should Medicaid require pediatric vaccinations?

Posted by   + Show Post
Saw someone say this in another post. Wanna see how many agree. Do you think Medicaid should require children be vaccinated to stay in the program?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
jeweldragons
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

No because there is no law that says children have to be vaxxed.  Parent's choice.

illinoismommy83
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

It is not the government, it is the "insurance provider". Medicaid is a form of health insurance, technically, and insurance polices can have rules.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

No government should ever have the say so when it comes to the health care of women. To say otherwise is not only very, very stupid, but incredibly irresponsible. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think that all PA recipients should be on BC

Quoting thenameshailie:

Yes and all adult woman should be required to be on birth control. Any thing to prevent a medical procedure in the future that the state will be paying for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to fit certain critera to be on PA; one of those criteria should be some form of birthcontrol.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

No government should ever have the say so when it comes to the health care of women. To say otherwise is not only very, very stupid, but incredibly irresponsible. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thenameshailie:

Yes and all adult woman should be required to be on birth control. Any thing to prevent a medical procedure in the future that the state will be paying for.

LucyHourglass
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

fuck no. 

5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

If it's government funded, regulated and staffed, it is no longer a private entity.

That was the worst argument I have ever heard.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

It is not the government, it is the "insurance provider". Medicaid is a form of health insurance, technically, and insurance polices can have rules.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thenameshailie:

5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

That infringes upon religious freedom, as well as personal liberty.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have to fit certain critera to be on PA; one of those criteria should be some form of birthcontrol.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thenameshailie:

April620
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I agree

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

That infringes upon religious freedom, as well as personal liberty.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thenameshailie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually agree...I don't think its fair to taxpayers that budget and live within their means that someone that can't afford the family they have is allowed to get food stamps, WIC, medicaid and section 8...so basically someone else pays for every aspect of their lives (even cell phones now apparently)

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I don't understand why women who are  not allergic to BC are not forced onto BC if they want free government handouts. Seems so silly to financially encourage women to pop out a litter of kids they cannot afford.

Quoting kelly617:

No...I don't think any program should force vaccines.
Unless they want to start forcing women on the depo shot once they sign up for food stamps...

BabyFetus Ticker

me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM
no.
just as they should cover cird but they dont....in some states.
they should cover ALL bc. some women cant take what they cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmugs
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  Parents do not lose the right to make medical decisions for their children due to poverty.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)