Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is getting a vasectomy :( - ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

We have been married for 7 years.  In the beginning we both said we wanted children.  Well, now he's decided he absolutely does not want any kids.  He says he loves our life the way it is.  So, he's scheduled an appointment to talk with a urologist about getting a vasectomy.  I want kids and always have and he knows this.   Why?!  Why would he do this when he knows it's not something I want too???

ETA - Thought I would edit since so many of you have asked.... I have two step sons but non children of my own.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell him that if he does it you'll leave..nobody should have to choose between their spouse and kids..I think he's being selfish..
kearaloves1
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

hes making his own choice so should you its kinda selfish of him but oh well hes all grown up! what can i say? im jealous of him because hes getting fixed! i was suppose to get fixed today i was going to get ASSURE but cant cause im a broke ass piece of shit with no money! yay me!

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell him that if he does it you'll leave..nobody should have to choose between their spouse and kids..I think he's being selfish..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe he's doing it so he doesn't risk impregnating someone while he's cheating?  

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
He is being totally selfish. I would feel betrayed by this. Will he talk to you?
emeraldangel20
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

tell him how you feel and that this decision affects both of you.

hfs1998
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

That's a big thing to change his mind about.  Are you growing apart in other areas too?  I'm sorry you are going through this.

momcat437

Yeah, that's definitely a deal-breaker--sounds like there may be more to it than he's letting on...I'm sorry!

key2ynot

my husband is getting the big V tomorrow - but we also just had our 4th child.....

you guys need to really sit down and discuss this and you need to decide if never having children is a potential deal breaker for your relationship

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it should be both of your decision. Unfortunately if he doesn't want kids you can't force it. You two need to have an open and honest conversation.  I'm so sorry you feel that your dreams are slipping away :( Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)