Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there any way to alter this? Picture inside. *Edit*

Posted by   + Show Post
So I bought an awesome top on clearance. I've been fitting back into my XS tops from pre-pregnancy so I bought it the same size (It's also Free People so they usually fit a little looser than most). Well, when I put it on, I was faced with this: My boobs are spilling out of the top.

Is there anything I can do to alter the top? Unfortunately, there's not much I can do without going bankrupt about my tits.

Edit: First off, thanks for all of the ideas! I've taken them all into consideration and I'll update as soon as I find the solution that works best!

Sorry about my messy mane. I didn't bother to brush it, let alone wash it, today since I was planning to lounge around all day when I took the photo. My hair is also very fine and thin so aside from some postpartum hair loss, it looks like I'm losing some hair.

As for the garment, it was a final sale and no returns, exchanges or store credit could be given. It fit well EXCEPT for the bust, as I mentioned my XS shirts I've had before I became pregnant fit me wonderfully still. I underestimated the garment itself as I have a few tops from the same brand and they fit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Replies (281-290):
vvinkyloafer
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Until the feeding days are done, that's for sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your XS days are over:(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on May. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM

ffs how did i miss her boob pic?

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Also TrouserMouse's boobs trump mine any day. That is all.

vvinkyloafer
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I don't know. They made mine look like loquats. She has watermelon tits!

Quoting Anonymous:

ffs how did i miss her boob pic?

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Also TrouserMouse's boobs trump mine any day. That is all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on May. 1, 2013 at 11:12 PM

A little tulle of the same color sewn in to cover the girls might help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on May. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Are you nursing? if so Im sure the bb'swill be smaller by next summer. PS: bathroom selfies are a bit creapy  especially when you make ghostly faces like that. ???WTH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Damn who bumped this shit. I can't get past the boobs to help with the shirt. Nice boobs again btw I am totally jealous
vvinkyloafer
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I hope so. I'm creepy, in general.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you nursing? if so Im sure the bb'swill be smaller by next summer. PS: bathroom selfies are a bit creapy  especially when you make ghostly faces like that. ???WTH

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vvinkyloafer
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM
It's okay if you don't. You leave with a happy feeling regardless.

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn who bumped this shit. I can't get past the boobs to help with the shirt. Nice boobs again btw I am totally jealous

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Cut out the bust.  Add different fabric.

PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM

If you're nursing put it in your closet till baby weans.  Boobs tend to drop a couple sizes once they dry out.  When nursing I was a DDD I'm now a C/D and tops fit me again. While I was nursing NOTHING fit, now only 50% doesn't fit, lol.  Why don't women get to choose from boob sizes in tops like men get to choose leg length in pants?  

Or use it as a "come hither" top for dh.  I'm sure he'll appreciate it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)