Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any way to alter this? Picture inside. *Edit*

Posted by   + Show Post
So I bought an awesome top on clearance. I've been fitting back into my XS tops from pre-pregnancy so I bought it the same size (It's also Free People so they usually fit a little looser than most). Well, when I put it on, I was faced with this: My boobs are spilling out of the top.

Is there anything I can do to alter the top? Unfortunately, there's not much I can do without going bankrupt about my tits.

Edit: First off, thanks for all of the ideas! I've taken them all into consideration and I'll update as soon as I find the solution that works best!

Sorry about my messy mane. I didn't bother to brush it, let alone wash it, today since I was planning to lounge around all day when I took the photo. My hair is also very fine and thin so aside from some postpartum hair loss, it looks like I'm losing some hair.

As for the garment, it was a final sale and no returns, exchanges or store credit could be given. It fit well EXCEPT for the bust, as I mentioned my XS shirts I've had before I became pregnant fit me wonderfully still. I underestimated the garment itself as I have a few tops from the same brand and they fit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Replies (301-310):
Thewife06
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Sooo.....I've always looked at your profile picture thing and I always think of the Joker.  Now I will think Boobs.  Good switch. 

Journeysmama11
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:35 AM

If you just had a baby and nursing that could be why. (If not, you may need to wait until the milk is dried up and the glands go back down.)

I have the same problem with shirts. I'm a small around my stomach and a large for my boobs (at least!) I buy mediums. It seems to work better. It's loose around my middle but I don't like it tight around my boobs. 

momof35219
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 5:00 AM
You could cut off the straps and make them longer. Or you can cut the strap add new a new strap that ties on the shoulder so you can adjust it your liking.. but from the looks of it you might just have to wait til the tatas are not so full...I also think the lace idea is good too. Just sew it to cover above the boob line...

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

So I bought an awesome top on clearance. I've been fitting back into my XS tops from pre-pregnancy so I bought it the same size (It's also Free People so they usually fit a little looser than most). Well, when I put it on, I was faced with this: My boobs are spilling out of the top.

Is there anything I can do to alter the top? Unfortunately, there's not much I can do without going bankrupt about my tits.

Edit: First off, thanks for all of the ideas! I've taken them all into consideration and I'll update as soon as I find the solution that works best!

Sorry about my messy mane. I didn't bother to brush it, let alone wash it, today since I was planning to lounge around all day when I took the photo. My hair is also very fine and thin so aside from some postpartum hair loss, it looks like I'm losing some hair.

As for the garment, it was a final sale and no returns, exchanges or store credit could be given. It fit well EXCEPT for the bust, as I mentioned my XS shirts I've had before I became pregnant fit me wonderfully still. I underestimated the garment itself as I have a few tops from the same brand and they fit.

debbie26
by Debbie on May. 2, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Can you stretch it or its a stretchy type shirt as tight as it is it looks like its stretchy if so hope something works for ya momma but holy boobies ;)

AmosFarkle
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:18 AM

A second cami underneath that one would do it.  Layered look can rock.

CreamCheeze
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:52 AM

store credit

bhejlik
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM

ULG...big boobs ruin everything for me too. How are your sewing capabilities? Do you think you could add a small panel on the seams? Maybe some stretching black fabric or lace? Not sure what a seamstress would charge for that. It's all I got. Or, make it your "FUN" top for the hubby? LOL

yikesitsmindy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this
You are so itty bitty and cute. Not who I imagined from your avatar lol. How far pp are you? Are you bf? Your boobies will calm down eventually.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 6:12 AM

You're not an XS anymore. Time to bump up to S so everything fits in the shirt.

MommyO2-6631
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 6:56 AM
If you're breastfeeding it may fit you after you wean

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Five months and some change. I've lost a good 50-60 pounds.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

How long post partum are you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured