Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many books do you read to your LO?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I read at least 5 books to her every single night before bed. I think it's good for her. She's two She always quotes her books. We read a lot of Dr. Suess and Stellaluna, Guess how much I love you, My daddy and I, etc.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MTSuperMomof4
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Definitely not 5 LOL I have four children. We read from a chapter book (a few chapters a night) and then I read a book with pictures in it for the littles. I agree. It is good for them and they get my undivided attention :)

JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Anywhere from 2 to 10 books in a day...she loves reading together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Lol well I'm sure it's a bit harder with four children vs my one two year old. What books do you read them?

Quoting MTSuperMomof4:

Definitely not 5 LOL I have four children. We read from a chapter book (a few chapters a night) and then I read a book with pictures in it for the littles. I agree. It is good for them and they get my undivided attention :)

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I let them each pick out 1-2 books depending on how long of a book they choose. I also read them 1-2 Bible stories each night along with what they picked out.

daughteroftruth
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

we used to read several books each night, but now we are reading chapter books.  We are reading A wrinkle in time right now, I read for about an hour each night.  my kids are 9,7,5,4,3 and 7 weeks, we read together as a family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
We read the same two books every night before bed and then several throughout the day,.id say on average about 5 not including the 2 before bed. Ds is 5 and is so interested in what words are what and learning how to sound them out himself. It's torture for me but hey, he wants to learn so I can't complain lol
MTSuperMomof4
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM

My oldest two pick ones like Magic Treehouse (it's a series) and ones that involve space, science and dinosaurs. They really seem stuck on them lately. My little girl picks Clifford, her princess fairy-tale book (it has a whole bunch of short stories in it) and other random books. They don't seem to be too picky yet as to what gets read to them. The kids are 8, 6, 2 and 5 months. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol well I'm sure it's a bit harder with four children vs my one two year old. What books do you read them?

Quoting MTSuperMomof4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM

When she was younger I read a lot. We have a library in our house with over 175 or so children's books. Now that she is older she reads to me every night.

MTSuperMomof4
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM

We do that. We sit together and read. I love it. 

Quoting daughteroftruth:

we used to read several books each night, but now we are reading chapter books.  We are reading A wrinkle in time right now, I read for about an hour each night.  my kids are 9,7,5,4,3 and 7 weeks, we read together as a family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I read to my kids a lot. It's been awhile, but it was a ton. My Dd, now ten reads non stop. She reads for school, but she reads for herself too. :) Ds is another story, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN