Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How are your neighbors?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

I live in a subdivision, everyone just stick to themselves. No one seems friendly, there's this young couple that lives next to me who doesn't ever speak when I say hello.. I'm thinking of hosting a "block party" to try and get to know everyone.. I can't just knock on their door.. LOL that's weird..

How are your neighbors?

I hope better than mines :)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM
They're quiet. I don't really know them but they all seem like nice people.
hip2it
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM
They're all retired. I'm 28 and dh is 30. Mostly ppl stick to themselves but they all enjoy the kids and watch out for each other. Like if someone sees something odd they talk to each other. Only one is nosy as hell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Most are ok. We live in a condo and there is one unit that we know houses drug dealer(s). Another 2 or 3 that are loud at all hours, one couple that fights and yells and screams and throws things at all hours and has a pit bull that they chain up out on their patio and let bark for hours. The one right next door has a 6th grader that stole a chair off my patio (2 weeks later the little brother gave it back), and lit a plastic bottle on fire and threw it right by my patio...no great neighbor award there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Mines?

I would be a distant neighbor from you too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM

LMAO, why?? I'm super nice..

Quoting Anonymous:

Mines?

I would be a distant neighbor from you too.

liveforever
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Everyone is great except the guy right next to me. He's a trash picker that likes to fill up his yard with his finds. He never cuts his grass and all summer wears these tiny boy short underware looking things, its so gross. The city came over and cleaned up his yard...he was jailed. He's out and already junking it up again.
SophieBeth17
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Our's are quiet. We don't see them much. And after prior experience, I would much prefer it that way.

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM
All my neighbours are pretty outgoing, we keep to ourselves though
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM

OMG, reminds me of that show hoarders.. Stay away from him, he might be crazy. 

Quoting liveforever:

Everyone is great except the guy right next to me. He's a trash picker that likes to fill up his yard with his finds. He never cuts his grass and all summer wears these tiny boy short underware looking things, its so gross. The city came over and cleaned up his yard...he was jailed. He's out and already junking it up again.

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Omg if you host a block party you have to update with how it went. I've been wondering the same thing.

Instead of knocking on doors, you could print out flyers and stick them on their doors?

We have a weird variety of neighbors.
Left side of me: crazy wild family with kids my kids' ages. We don't talk much, but I like her.
Right side of me: weird woman who only talks to DH, and has some creepy goth teenager
Across the street on the left: creepy sick woman who smokes like a chimney
Across the street on the right: ummm... confederate flag pickup truck, constant bonfires, shirtless and motorcycles. We do the occasional wave from across the street, but otherwise keep to ourselves. Except once when he came wandering over one night, drunk as hell, to tell me about his cheating SIL and so and so, blah blah blah... When I had a friend over... It was weird, and I think he was so drunk he didn't even remember it the next day lol.
We have a dog lady down the street. She's nice, but keeps to herself.

Basically I don't talk to any of these people for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. Ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)