Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will get child support until ds is all most 23!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 27 Replies
You read right. Ex owed me over 26k. He always skipped jobs when Cs enforcement caught up with him. Last year ex started getting disability checks. Ds started getting a dependent check. At the same time Cs enforcement attached ex's check for not only the monthly ordered amount but also arrears. Ex took me back to court to have the amount reduced. The court ordered that ds's dependent disability amount stand in for the monthly child support as of today and that all previous dependent disability received be deducted from the arrears. This left an arrears balance of over 16k. The court then ordered a monthly arrears amount of a couple hundred. Ex will be paying me until Ds is all most 23. The best part...I know I will get it because it is not coming from a job he can skip out on.

by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Yay!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM

kewl, my kids get it until age 21, but i got a feeling it might be sooner than that.

MommyT642
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Well in your case, That is great! Unfortuneately for us, my husband will also be paying child support until his dd is about 23 (depending on her college enrollement) There is a clause in his papers that states that he has to pay cs until she is no longer enrolled as a full time student. We already pay $800/month. And my husband isn't one of those dead beats that skips jobs to avoid cs. His greedy ex is taking him back for over $1000/month now! He is having to take on a second job under the table just to cover our monthly bills. And I work to to contribute to our bills.

ksueditz
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM

my exh owes over $24,000. i will never see more than the $50/month. he quits jobs also. the current amount he pays, is just so they don't take his license, or put him in jail. congratulations to you! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Wow. My sister has a son with someone on disability. She tried to get cs but was told that he is considered indigent because of disability and cs can't be enforced.
pmsforlife
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I don't ask for child support... But cool for you. (not being rude or anything)
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I have a feeling ill be getting paid CS for a long long time too.

My ex fled the state, works jobs under the table and when/if he is found he quits and goes somewhere else. Has his GF work Full time and put the bills in her nane.

Oh and he tells her he pays CS, which is why she has to give him money.. so she comes after me saying its her business because its her money. I havent seen shit since they garnished his tax returns two years ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Did you know if a single parent files for assistance, they HAVE to start a child support case?

Some people dont WANT to ask for it, they are forced.

Quoting pmsforlife:

I don't ask for child support... But cool for you. (not being rude or anything)

BabyBrooke13
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM

my ex will be going to Jail on June 21st for failure to pay his support . . . he is $20K in arrears for my dd and another $15K for dds half brother . . . on March 21 we went to court and he was given a reprieve of 90 days in which time he had to pay his full monthly obligation for both children for the remainder of Mar, Apr and May or to bring his toothbrush because he would not be leaving a free man . . . whelp he never finished paying Mar and he came up short on both accounts for Apr . . . At least in jail he can't hurt anyone else . . . me and the mothers of dds brothers are all thrilled . . .

CassSpade
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Mine was the same way with my Dad. He tried SO hard to talk me out of going to college.

He's a douche. My Mom gave that money directly to me though and it helped out with my bills.

Quoting MommyT642:

Well in your case, That is great! Unfortuneately for us, my husband will also be paying child support until his dd is about 23 (depending on her college enrollement) There is a clause in his papers that states that he has to pay cs until she is no longer enrolled as a full time student. We already pay $800/month. And my husband isn't one of those dead beats that skips jobs to avoid cs. His greedy ex is taking him back for over $1000/month now! He is having to take on a second job under the table just to cover our monthly bills. And I work to to contribute to our bills.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)