Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how would you feel?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

if a parent in the neighborhood was giving your kids stuff to put in their bodies (food, drinks)?

would it matter what it was? if you NEVER spoke to this parent before, how would you feel?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SP_Mama
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I wouldn't like it unless I knew the parent.

bjsgrl
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM

My kids don't hang out at people's houses that I don't know, and they know not to takw food/drinks from strangers so hopefully I wont have to worry about that.

I would be upset because they don't know what they might be allergic to.

ReeseAbercromb
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I thought the unwritten rules was always, "Go ask your Mom/Dad."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM

thats how i feel, esp about the allergies. =( i offered water to DS and his friend thats over... there are other kids that are playing with them, and they've all come up to me, asking for something to drink too. one of them, his mom is outside and i told him to ask his mom... and when he did, he came back and said his mom wont give him water and would i please give him some. i feel so horrible. its HOT outside. i was scrubbing down the wagon, and i was thirsty and sweating... they're out there running around, their shirts drenched in sweat. i ended up getting him some water too. i feel bad that i did it-- i mean, the water is ice cold and its filtered... but still- they've been out there for like 2 hours now and other than the time i got them water, i havent seen them take a drink... i keep going back and forth with it... like, you're such a bad person, giving randon kids something to drink.... but on the other hand, its not right to not give them something to drink when they're working so hard at playing. lol

Quoting bjsgrl:

My kids don't hang out at people's houses that I don't know, and they know not to takw food/drinks from strangers so hopefully I wont have to worry about that.

bjsgrl
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I don't really see a problem with water. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

thats how i feel, esp about the allergies. =( i offered water to DS and his friend thats over... there are other kids that are playing with them, and they've all come up to me, asking for something to drink too. one of them, his mom is outside and i told him to ask his mom... and when he did, he came back and said his mom wont give him water and would i please give him some. i feel so horrible. its HOT outside. i was scrubbing down the wagon, and i was thirsty and sweating... they're out there running around, their shirts drenched in sweat. i ended up getting him some water too. i feel bad that i did it-- i mean, the water is ice cold and its filtered... but still- they've been out there for like 2 hours now and other than the time i got them water, i havent seen them take a drink... i keep going back and forth with it... like, you're such a bad person, giving randon kids something to drink.... but on the other hand, its not right to not give them something to drink when they're working so hard at playing. lol

Quoting bjsgrl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM

the one kid's mom is outside and i told him to ask his mom... when he did, he came back and said his mom wouldnt give him any. they've been out there for a few hours now, playing hard, sweat dripping from their faces, drenching their shirts... i felt so bad. like how could you NOT give your kids something as simple as water?

Quoting ReeseAbercromb:

I thought the unwritten rules was always, "Go ask your Mom/Dad."

SincerelyMine
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I've taught dd to tell people "thanks but i have to ask my mom".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I would be quite unhappy

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I am sure that my kids' friends offered them drinks and snacks when they were visiting.  I wouldn't expect them to have declined just because I had not yet met the parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN