Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has anyone got pregnant from.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
taking the mini pill late? I usually take it at 7 but accidently overslept and forgot all about it and took it about 17 hours later, then continued taking it as usual, me and dh had sex last night without protection, I know of course there is a chance I could get pregnant, im also only breastfeeding lo....
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Replies (21-24):
KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Well, you can still get pregnant, it just less likley. And probably has more to do with the BC then the BFing if you are already 6 months pp. by the way, the only time that BF works is if you only BF and never skip a feeding and haven't had a period yet. And my doctor said that it is usually only for maybe 2 months after baby and even then it is still extremly common to get knocked up because of your hormones. So don't depend on that as a back up, not that you are, just giving you some info on it. You would be shocked at the women who are like 10 month pp and surprised when they get pregnant because the Internet said they couldn't if they were BFing.
Quoting Anonymous:

no I dont, im 6 months pp

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

Do you get a period?

Quoting Anonymous:

I know you still can while bfing I just heard that sometimes you wont ovulate, and I do have an alarm on my phone, this is my first time messing up on it

Quoting LilliesValley:

This can happen any time you don't take it at the same time. It doesn't happen to everyone but it can happen. Breastfeeding (for the billionth time) does not prevent pregnancy. The chances are you aren't pregnant but really try hard to take your pill at the same time every day. Maybe even pay out of pocket to keep a spare pack in your purse. Set a reminder on your phone etc.

babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I actually thought I had a stomach bug, I went to the doctor and they took blood. He told me I was pregnant 10 minutes later.

Quoting Anonymous:

same here so it will take a little while before I know, how did you realize without your period?

Quoting babydsmommy18:

Sorry! Not to make it sound any worse but I was also ebf her and never got a period.

Quoting Anonymous:

yikes there goes my confidence lol

Quoting babydsmommy18:

I got pregnant on the mini pill when my dd was 3 months old. I took it at the same time everyday too.

milkmama36
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Yes you can. My "I only took the pill a little late once and I was breastfeeding" mistake is now 3 years old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM
oh ok thanks for your help

Quoting babydsmommy18:

I actually thought I had a stomach bug, I went to the doctor and they took blood. He told me I was pregnant 10 minutes later.

Quoting Anonymous:

same here so it will take a little while before I know, how did you realize without your period?

Quoting babydsmommy18:

Sorry! Not to make it sound any worse but I was also ebf her and never got a period.

Quoting Anonymous:

yikes there goes my confidence lol

Quoting babydsmommy18:

I got pregnant on the mini pill when my dd was 3 months old. I took it at the same time everyday too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN