Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My awful mom confession.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

On the outside I seem like I have it all together. On the inside I break down every day. My daughter is 3 years old and is NEVER happy. Ever. She spends all day yelling, crying, and whining. I almost can't take it anymore. She screams at the top of her lungs at the drop of a hat. I'm at a loss, I have no clue what to do about her and I feel like I'm just drowning in my own emotion. There's only so much all day everyday screaming one can take before they start to lose it!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SequesteredLeo
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Have her tested for Aspergers. Seriously. My son was like that when he was that age. He is 17 now and he was diagnosed with Aspergers. It may not be that, but I only bring it up because children with any form of autism usually have a hard time dealing with emotions to they come out very extreme.

EvilAsh
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I'm the same way. My youngest has been horrible since she was born. 

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Do you have Netflix? Watch Nanny 911. It sounds stupid but it will give you some serious motivation and tips on how to get things under control.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Its like something just completely overtakes her. She can't speak when she gets like this, so I can't even ever figure out what is wrong. She's doing it right now. She's just shrieking and kicking her arms and legs. She sounds like somebody is murdering her. The neighbors are outside and I'm SO scared somebody is going to call the police on me someday because she is THAT bad. Its constant.

Quoting SequesteredLeo:

Have her tested for Aspergers. Seriously. My son was like that when he was that age. He is 17 now and he was diagnosed with Aspergers. It may not be that, but I only bring it up because children with any form of autism usually have a hard time dealing with emotions to they come out very extreme.

SequesteredLeo
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Take her to her pediatrician and see if you can get a recommendation. Be very honest and see what they say. Then see your doctor and see about getting something to help you cope with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its like something just completely overtakes her. She can't speak when she gets like this, so I can't even ever figure out what is wrong. She's doing it right now. She's just shrieking and kicking her arms and legs. She sounds like somebody is murdering her. The neighbors are outside and I'm SO scared somebody is going to call the police on me someday because she is THAT bad. Its constant.

Quoting SequesteredLeo:

gabby416
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I would have her evaluated, asap. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yet you have time to be online. How about sitting with her and trying to get her to calm down and spending qt with her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Thank you, I will. She was 10 weeks early, so we had early intervention services for her first 3 years, but this is something that hasn't really started developing until the past 6 months or so.

Quoting SequesteredLeo:

Take her to her pediatrician and see if you can get a recommendation. Be very honest and see what they say. Then see your doctor and see about getting something to help you cope with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SequesteredLeo:

awsmnss26
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM

this

Quoting SequesteredLeo:

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I am sorry. I have those days too; I have twin 10 month olds and I come close to losing it daily... When Dh comes home for the day there are some days that I just lock myself in my room for the night. Good luck; and you should get your DD evaluated also; hope you find answers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)