Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O of weeks groceries by country post... my week - share yours!!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

I posted last week about the difference in countries for a weeks worth of groceries.. I live in Western Rural Canada and mine was most like the Canadian one.. so here is mine :) post your own! There are 7 of us.. three adults.. 2 teens.. 2 under 6..

here is a closer break down

breads

snacks.. and pasta and that bag is coconut sugar

meat.. didn't need much this week... we only eat chicken and fish

produce

more produce and dairy

and yes those are raman hiding in there lol I have teenagers!!

by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Cool. I love seeing foods from different areas. The "tubes" you have are called "go-gurts" here ( like yogurt on the go). My aunt moved from the slither part of the US and loves near Toranto now. She said she couldn't believe she can't find pizza rolls lol.
acaisha
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM

lol it is maybe weird or food has french on it too?

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

Cool. I love seeing foods from different areas. The "tubes" you have are called "go-gurts" here ( like yogurt on the go). My aunt moved from the slither part of the US and loves near Toranto now. She said she couldn't believe she can't find pizza rolls lol.

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Some of our food had Spanish on it lol I have a French background so I love to see French. Reminds me it's not forgotten like it is here. Schools used to teach French now it's all Spanish

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

TrouserMouse
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump for later.  I will be going shopping tonight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM
That is the most generic looking cheese and butter I have ever seen ;-) Have you seen The Host, the new Stephanie Meyer movie. Looks just like the food in their warehouses.

My pile is almost all fruit and veg so it would look similar anywhere.
acaisha
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That is the most generic looking cheese and butter I have ever seen ;-) Have you seen The Host, the new Stephanie Meyer movie. Looks just like the food in their warehouses.

My pile is almost all fruit and veg so it would look similar anywhere.

lol its store brand for sure but butter here is stupidly expensive.. a block of generic is $3.49 and that cheese was $9.98

BEXi
by BEXi on May. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM

More and more american food labels have spanish on them.. at least here in central nc they do.

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

acaisha
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM

cool, I've never seen spanish on food lol

Quoting BEXi:

More and more american food labels have spanish on them.. at least here in central nc they do.

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)