Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$950 a month in child support and not the biological father

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

My ex and I were married for 8 years.  I filed for divorce after he was convicted of 2 felonies.  The first one was for possesion and being under the influence of Cocaine.  The second was for DUI with a minor in the vehichle (My DD).  I just couldn't trust him anymore.  He has been around since dd was a year old.  She calls him daddy and he has provided financial support ot her...I work as well..(AD Air Force).  Anyway we went to court because he wanted visitation with DD even though he isn't her biodad.

The judge ordered supervised visitation and she CAN'T be in a vehicle with him.  He gets one day a week...no overnights and must be supervised.  I am okay with this because she does call him daddy.

But with that...the judge said he had to be willing to pay child support if he wanted rights to see her.  So he ordered $950.  Ex was okay with that because he brings home enough for that and has no bills whatsoever.

I was in SHOCK.  I didn't think I would get anything.  All of it is going into a fund for college...minus enough to pay for an extra dance class she wants to take. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM

He's okay with it? Word jelly bird.

xoch86
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Well.. If he's ok with it, it's supervised, and he IS the Man YOU have her all daddy.. I don't see why not..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I have seen judges do that before. If they want to play daddy and have visitation they should help support the child.
cLanief
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Right on. Think the judge just wanted to make sure he actually wanted to be around and stay around.
C12H22O11addict
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I already know that if my husband and I divorce he'll be order to pay CS for my son (who isn't biologically his). Judges take how long the step-parent has been involved in the childs life in these cases.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberleh
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

If he wants visitation rights, he also has to be willing to pay. It's just the way it works. You claim rights, you also claim responsibility. It's great that he didn't have a problem with it though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
He wanted that role. Non biological parents have been known to pay CS.
chanizen
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I don't know where you live, but in the us that typically doesn't happen unless the step parent adopts or agrees

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I already know that if my husband and I divorce he'll be order to pay CS for my son (who isn't biologically his). Judges take how long the step-parent has been involved in the childs life in these cases.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I'm in Ontario, Canada.
My husband has also been actively involved as a parent figure in my sons life since the day he was born.

Quoting chanizen:

I don't know where you live, but in the us that typically doesn't happen unless the step parent adopts or agrees

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)