Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

120 pounds at 10 years old?!!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Geez, I supose if you had your kid exercise and not eat crap all day and night, the dr. says she is over weight and you dont believe him, great parenting of the year!

I know a lady this pertains to, she is in denial over her kids weight...sad for the girl. She is just getting bigger and bigger, and her mom dosnt seem to care.

EDIT to add- She is 4' 8 or 9

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Replies (31-36):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM
yep, she's taller than me! I'm 5'3. Her Daddy is 6'5 1/2. 3 out of 5 of our kids are taller than me. The only ones that aren't are our 4 year old son and 11 year old daughter. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow your 10 year old is taller than I am!! 

im 5"3 and my 10 year old is still a good foot below me! (if not 1.5 ft) 

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Our 10 year old daughter is 5'4 and weighs 120. Our doctor says she's the perfect weight for her height. She doesn't look chubby at all.

I suppose it depends on the height of the child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Well my daughter is about 115 and is 11. She is 5 foot tall. No she doesn't eat junk. She is very active!! Her sperm donors family are big.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 1, 2013 at 7:01 PM

If she's flabby then that's not good....

Quoting Anonymous:

This girl gets driven around everywhere, does no activities at all, alot of processed food, so I have no idea what her build is, but she is no where close to active. Even at school when the class does runs, she walks-

Quoting Dzyre1115:

My daughter weighs 110, at 9.  Are you taking into consideration her body mass and how she's built?  While my daughter could stand to lose a few pounds, she's in regular size clothes and is active as she takes five to six dance classes a week and goes to Zumba two or three times a week with my sister, so she's very muscular. 

Brittanyk3
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:02 PM
sounds about like my step daughter. she is now 11 and is bigger but i dont know her weight now. she was 104 at 10 yrs old and she is very short....no its not my DH's fault as he doesnt get to see her much at all. when he does he gets her out of the house and being active....once or twice a yr though doesnt do much for her :/
paganmommy4
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

yeah thats alot fo a ten year old

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

If the child isn't very tall that is a lot of weight to be carrying for her.  My son will be 15 years old in 3 months.  He's about 5'7" and 80 lbs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)