Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you kidding me? I might lose my whole family over a toe! (he finally called :( )

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Out of nowhere my husband looks at my son's feet and says "you have mortons toe" I don't know what the hell that means so I ignore it. Then he asks me if I have it. I told him I don't know what that is. He says it means that the second toe is longer than the first. I was like, I dont' know. So he asks to see my goddamn feet. 

I don't have it. Okay no big deal. So DH gets on the computer and tells me that he thinks it's a recessive trait. Whatthefuckever that means. I'm like, maybe your dad has it or something. Then he says no. You can only have it if one of your parents have it. 

I just looked at him for a sec, then he got up and walked out. His phone is off. Our son by the way is 9 and asking me what the hell just happened and I don't know what to tell him.

He called :(

He just called to tell me he doesn't want to come home tonight. He already sounds drunk. He said the older DS gets the more he feels like he isn't his son and it's been eating at him every day. WTF! NOW he wants a paternity test. How the hell do I explain all this to DS? I should have never came back to this fool!

Update this morning.

I have to get DS to school. He didn't come home, I checked our bank account and he stayed at a motel about a block from here. After I drop DS off at school I'll go buy a paternity test.

I have a test. I talked to DH. Of course he feels terrible now and says he thinks his meds are just off, whatever. We're doing the test today and I told him he needs to apologize to ds after school

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Replies (151-160):
ShaniahsMama
by Asian persuasion on May. 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Well. It was 9 almost 10 fucking years ago that you cheated. I'm not justifying the cheating. But if he had or has any doubts about your son, he should have stepped up along ass time ago and get a DNA test.

Anyway...go burn his socks. Haha.

dlnimo
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Apparently easier said then done.

Quoting Anonymous:

it's been 9 years. He needs to just get over it

Quoting dlnimo:

I was with you until the cheating part. Of course he is going to still wonder if your son is biologically his.

Aislin
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Tell him to take a fucking genetics class and get a damn DNA test. Problem solved. There was no excuse for him to do that in front of the child or even anywhere that there is a slight chance the child would overhear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
oh good lord, he would die if he saw my big toe.
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
A recessive gene is a gene that both of you carry. It doesn't mean the trait has to be present in either of you. He's an idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thibmom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Over a toe? Wow! O.o
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Would you be able to live your entire life not knowing? He gave it a good run, the man is allowed to have fears concerning the situation and obviously he's struggling with them right now. You both brought your son into this, if you wouldn't have cheated you both would know who the father is today. The seed of doubt was planted the day you became pregnant, over time that seed is only going to grow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh he is not some innocent little puppy. It's been 9 years we could have had a paternity test done at any time if he had doubts. Now he brought our son in to it. He's an asshole.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you really blame him? You cheated, you honestly don't know who the father is, and it has obviously been eating at him this entire time. Get a DNA test to ease his fears, he deserves to know the truth. Let the man have some closure so he can get past your infidelity. It doesn't matter how long ago it was that you cheated, there is a child involved and it might not be his. He NEEDS to know.

Thibmom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Exactly! Both DH and I have brown eyes, but our daughter has blue. It's a recessive trait we both carry. We both have immediate family members with blue eyes.

ETA: And she looks just like him, so he can't even try to go there. Lol.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

A recessive gene is a gene that both of you carry. It doesn't mean the trait has to be present in either of you. He's an idiot.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on May. 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Exactly. I BOL. Some men are fucking idiots.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM
6 moms liked this
Holy fuck how many times will you clarify this as though its your Job? ffs

Quoting gypsy_rose:

she cheated on him around the time conception

Quoting Anonymous:

YOu can both carry the gene, not have it show in you but pass it on to a child that if the genes match will have it.

If yourhusband walked out on you for this, he's really really stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)